National Medical Stores Jobs in Uganda : Transport and Logistics Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: National Medical Stores (NMS)
- Location: Entebbe, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Entebbe, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to public health facilities in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Transport and Logistics Officer will oversee fleet deployment, repairs and maintenance and to supervise drivers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop and implement the maintenance management element as part of the adoption within NMS that includes:
- Asset criticality, maintenance strategy development and spares optimization/management.
- Ongoing development and review of maintenance standards and procedures to continually improve asset integrity, safety, efficiency and cost.
- Establish key performance indicators and reporting mechanisms to provide quality assurance demonstrating compliance and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Authorization requirements are met for all process changes required during maintenance (in design, materials or settings) with supervisor.
- To ensure all maintenance undertaken is adequately resourced by trained and competent staff and contractors.
- To monitor and evaluate with regular internal reviews and audits of maintenance management system and standards of inspection, maintenance and certification.
- To document a transparent asset management strategy for all vehicle classes and ware house equipment in place that all stakeholders understand.
- To develop annual inspection plan, communicate and implement safety compliance deadlines.
- To ensure timely, safe and efficient equipment inspection, assessment repairs, and certification, return to service and job close out.
- To investigate vehicle or warehouse equipment failures or opportunities for improvement.
- To prepare and seek approval of maintenance budget.
- To monitor expenditure and ensure any deviations are reported.
- To maintain an overview of the maintenance system ensuring all data is accurate and timely, system process are run.
- To maintain a current knowledge of vehicle and warehouse equipment service, repair and management standards and practices.
- To identify any risk(s ) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the National Medical Stores (NMS) Transport and Logistics Officer job must hold an Ordinary Diploma in mechanical Engineering.
- Two years of working experience in fleet management and motor vehicle Mechanic repairs.
- Computer literacy skills
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters with updated CVs, copies of the academic documents/ transcripts, documents supporting your work experience, names and contact details of three professional referees addressed and delivered to the Head of Human Resource and Support Services, National Medical Stores (NMS), Plot 4-12, Nsamizi Road, P.O Box 16, Entebbe, Uganda.
Deadline: 25th January 2019