National Social Security Fund Jobs in Uganda : Legal Counsel – Advisory
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Uganda
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is a Provident Fund mandated to provide social security to its members as prescribed by law under CAP 222 (Laws of Uganda) through efficient management of members’ contributions. The NSSF asset base is currently over Ugx. 9.8 trillion, making the Fund one of the largest players in Uganda’s economy.
Job Summary: The Legal Counsel – Advisory is responsible for the provision of legal advisory services to the Fund and for providing assistance to the Legal Advisory Services Manager in monitoring performance of the legal department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and preparation of comprehensive legal briefs to the Legal Advisory Services Manager.
- Assist the Legal Advisory Services Manager prepare Board papers for the Corporation Secretary
- Attend various management committee meetings as the legal advisor as assigned by the Legal Advisory Services Manager.
- Render Support to the Business Units in member sensitization.
- Follow up changes in Pensions Sector Laws and all other laws affecting the Fund.
- Review the General and Special Conditions of Contract contained in the standard bidding documents.
- Conduct legal due diligence and issue reports to management.
- Draft contracts and all agreements on behalf of NSSF, catering for the User department’s interests, safeguarding the Fund’s interests and ensuring that all contracts drafted comply with the contracts checklist.
- Participate in contract negotiations and drafting on behalf of the Fund as delegated by the Legal Advisory Services Manager.
- Engage with prospective contractors and contract managers to ensure that all issues pertaining to the performance and management of contracts are streamlined before execution.
- Prepare instruments for registration of the Fund’s assets with the appropriate authorities.
- Monitor running leases, property rates and ground rents and complete the process of renewal for leases held by the Fund.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the National Security Social Fund (NSSF) Legal Counsel – Advisory job placement must hold an honours Bachelors degree in Law and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
- Must be enrolled as an advocate entitled to practice law in Uganda.
- Should also have a valid practicing certificate.
- A minimum of three years’ post enrolment experience in Legal Practice in an organization of similar size, or busy law firm.
- IT skills (MSWord, Excel);
- People management skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent report writing;
- Analytical skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Tact and diplomacy;
- Influencing skills;
- Interviewing skills;
- Presentation skills.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae giving three references, copies of academic and professional certificates, postal address and daytime telephone contact to: [email protected] For the attention of; The Head of Human Resources & Administration National Social Security Fund
Deadline: 15th February 2019 by 5:00pm