News Editor at Forum for Women in Democracy
- Company: Forum for Women in Democracy
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising Jobs in Uganda
Forum for Women in Democracy is a women’s non governmental organization based in Kampala. FOWODE birthed and launched SPEAK FM in 2012. The Radio is a non-partisan community radio based in Gulu whose aim is to reach thousands of people in the greater Acholi and Lango sub-region, empowering then to champion issues of gender equality, democracy, civic education, participation and livelihoods through excellent broad cast for better choices.
SPEAK FM Radio wishes to add to her team in Gulu, competent, results driven, dynamic and selfdriven individuals and is seeking applications to fill the vacant posts.
Position: News Editor
Reports to: Station Manager
The News Editor is accountable for all news output for a service or geographical area; creating a vision and strategic path for news and current affairs by providing effective and inspiring editorial and people leadership
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensuring that all output delivers an audience focused and authoritative service across all platforms while retaining the highest editorial standards.
2. Stimulating creativity, promoting collaboration, and engendering trust through positive strategies and by setting a strong personal example.
3. Ensuring effective deployment of resources and exploitation of new technology to create a culture of innovation and value for money, while inspiring all journalistic staff to achieve excellence.
4. Ensure that the department meets all financial targets and objectives and that best value for money is delivered to the audience.
5. To manage a team of journalists and program makers and provide a strong sense of direction and a supportive environment in which to work.
6. To lead and navigate teams successfully through organizational change.
• Extensive professional journalistic experience and sound editorial judgement within news and current affairs broadcasting.
• Strong understanding of current markets, trends and issues within the news media sector and knowledge of news output as well as that of competitors.
• In-depth and comprehensive understanding of broadcasting regulations and standards
• A convincing and persuasive communicator, required to modify beliefs and opinions of teams, as well as senior stakeholders, able to establish effective and collaborative relations across the station and the listenership, stakeholders where required.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Mass communication with post graduate qualification Radio broadcasting and Editorial management.
• Must have at least 3 years editorial experience
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20 Nov, 2020