Procurement Officer at GOAL
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: GOAL
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
GOAL is currently seeking to hire competent persons to join our Uganda team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an extremely dynamic International NGO and to use your skills. If you are familiar with working within the international development aid sector and have a strong background in the areas mentioned, then you are the one we are looking for!
All positions are contingent to funding.
About the Role: With direct supervision from the Procurement Manager the Procurement Officer works to support all procurement activities, but with particular emphasis on Procurement and providing support to field offices. The Procurement officer will be based at Goal Country Office in Kampala with regular travel to field offices in case of any gaps.
Responsible and accountable for all supply chain related activities with respect to the following tasks:
- Receives and purchase requests (PRS) from users in Kampala and field offices and, in consultation with the procurement Manager, sends out enquiries or request for offer to potential suppliers.
- Receives offers/quotations from suppliers and prepare bid analysis for purchases and have all approvals completed according to the Procurement Chart.
- Ensures that all purchased goods are delivered according to specification to the end customer and/or beneficiaries. If goods are going directly to users/customers, the officer will organise their safe keeping in the organisations warehouse.
- Monitors and summarises all receipts and provides an activity Plan to the Procurement Manager and all field logistics officers on a weekly basis.
- Prepare payments of suppliers in a timely and accountable process and ensures that all necessary supporting documents are attached.
- Ensures that expenses in excess of the budget should always be discussed with the Procurement Manager in coordination with the Programme manager prior to purchase.
- Keep a weekly track on prices for all purchased articles and ensure relevant section of the GOAL vendor roster is updated in reference with the Procurement Manager advised accordingly.
- Keep all filing up to date; order requests, quotations, and three quote file, purchase orders, supplier documentation.
- Ensures that the open order sheet is always updated and circulated every Friday of the week to all Managers and Kampala and price list is updated and forwarded to all Project Managers
- Receives and registers payment request forms (PRFS) from finance and logistics field officers and, in consultation with the Logistics Coordinator and Procurement Manager, have all approvals completed according to the Procurement Chart .
- Ensures that the payment tracking sheet is always updated and circulated every Friday of the week to programme managers and Kampala.
- Manage the OTS in liaison with field teams and Procurement Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University Degree in Procurement
- At least 3 years work experience with an NGO in a related procurement function (exceptionally, degree or qualification may be replaced by a minimum of 6 years’ experience directly relevant to the post);
- Good computer skills;
- Highly organized;
- Strong skills in prioritization;
- Ability to understand budgets;
- Good interpersonal communication skills;
- Level 4 CIPS
- Experience in planning and report writing
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a global team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
General description of the country programme:
First operational in Uganda in 1979, the current GOAL Uganda country programme focuses on Health (including WASH, Health Accountability and Nutrition programming); and a market based systems approach to improving agricultural livelihoods and WASH. GOAL Uganda mainstreams gender, child protection, social behaviour change and resilience strategies across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with national and international civil society organizations, local government, the private sector and communities to give effect to our mission.
GOAL Uganda has a skilled team of approximately 100 personnel and manages an annual operating budget of approximately €8.7 million (2018). GOAL is currently operational in the North, South, East and West of Uganda with six established offices in Kampala, Lira, Bugiri, Abim, Kaabong and Agago Districts. GOAL Uganda country programme is funded by a number of donors who include Mastercard, charity: water, Irish Aid and some small foundations.
Remuneration Package and Benefits:
Our package includes a competitive salary, health insurance cover for up to 3 dependents, comprehensive 24 hour personal accident cover, terminal benefits equivalent to one month for each completed year of service and our working hours provide for a half day on Fridays. GOAL promotes a learning and development environment with training & study opportunities aligned to our staff development policy.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 4 reference contacts (3 from the last three employers, and 1 character reference), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda: [email protected] indicating the title for the position applied for in the subject line by 21st November 2019. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.
Deadline: 21st November 2019