Program for Accessible health, Communication and Education Jobs in Uganda : Head of Internal Audit
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Program for Accessible health, Communication and Education (PACE)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Program for Accessible health, Communication and Education (PACE) is the local branch of Population Services International (PSI), one of the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and review policies and procedures to support internal audit, whistle blowing and risk management processes
- Perform a comprehensive platform risk assessment and prepare an annual risk based internal audit plan to provide management and other stake holders with assurance on the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls
- Conduct internal audits for PSIU and partners in accordance with the annual risk-based plan; communicate ﬁndings and recommendations for improvement
- Receive and evaluate whistle blower complaints, management concerns and conduct investigative or special reviews to highlight exceptions and recommend correction action
- Track the implementation of the agreed internal audit (including Global Internal Audit) recommendations with senior management, department managers and staff
- Prepare, submit and present periodic board summaries of the major audit issues, risks facing PSIU and the management actions taken to address them
- Prepare and conduct compliance/internal control trainings for partners and staff on internal controls, risk management, policies and procedures, laws and regulations
- Provide advice and input to senior management and staff on risk management, internal controls, donor and regulatory compliance, to support the development of internal controls, policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Professional Accounting or Auditing qualiﬁcations with a recognized body like ACCA, CPA, CISA, CIA
- Membership to the institute of Internal Auditors Uganda will be an added advantage.
- Eight years’ experience in internal and external audit, ﬁnance, risk management in an international NGO, a reputable commercial organization or institution
- Leadership skills to provide authoritative guidance to functional business area representatives
- Excellent Communication skills with the ability to interact across all levels of management and across all business units
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills and the ability to inﬂuence at all levels of the organization
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment
- Ability to travel nationally 40% of time.
How to Apply
Al suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and detailed CVs via E-mail to: [email protected] or hand delivery to the PSIU Office Reception, addressed to The Head of People and Culture PSIU at Plot 3 Mackenzie Vale - Kololo, P. O. Box 8082 Kampala.
Deadline: 17th August 2018 by 1:00pm