Program Assistant at CARE International
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: CARE International
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
CARE (Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere, formerly Cooperative for American Remittances to Europe) is a major international humanitarian agency delivering emergency relief and long-term international development projects. Founded in 1945, CARE is nonsectarian, impartial, and non-governmental. It is one of the largest and oldest humanitarian aid organizations focused on fighting global poverty.
Job Summary: The Program Assistant will support implementation of Women Adolescents and Youth (WAY) Programme in one of the project districts namely: Arua, Yumbe, Moyo, Adjumani, Amuru, Lamwo, Kitgum and Agago. He/she will work with the WAY programme team to implementation activities in respective districts. Specific activities will include strengthening relationships with existing community and sensitization of platforms including but not limited to: school health and sanitation clubs/anti GBV clubs, farmer groups, role model men and boys, SASA! Activists, Girls Socio-Economic Groups, YSLA groups; mentors and Mentees as well as GBV survivors including vulnerable in and out of school girls. The Assistant will organize and monitor trainings, support planning and activity reporting, monitoring and evaluation activities, coordination meetings. S/he will be a creative, an action-oriented problem solver with strong community mobilization and engagement skills and experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In coordination with Senior Initiative Manager, Specialists, Coordinators and Officers, support the functionality of the different WAY programme platforms and support quality implementation of activities
- Work with relevant Way staff to organize and support meetings and community events.
- Mobilize community members, taking care to identify those who fit the pre-established vulnerability criteria, for support and engagement.
- Support community sensitization activities
- Identify specific topic areas of information needed and develop clear communications plans to effectively disseminate information.
- Registration and profiling of interested program participants and Community structures.
- Support in the identification, selection and capacity assessment of potential beneficiaries
- Routinely Support and monitor Programme participants
- Build relationship with implementing partners and monitor their activities in coordination with Specialists, Coordinators and Programme officers at the Districts.
Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Under guidance of Senior Initiative Manager, Officer and M&E Specialist and Coordinator, participate in assessments and baseline/end line data gathering needs.
- Support the development of beneficiary registration tools.
- Support data collection activities including monitoring and reviews for key activities.
- Prepare and submit timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly plans and reports that will be indicative of program progress during implementation.
- Maintain proper filing system with activity reports, attendance lists and picture
Collaboration/Networking: Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to CARE International in Uganda and to not jeopardize its humanitarian and Development mission
Organizational Learning: As part of CARE International Uganda’s commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve – we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit the program as well as themselves.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the CARE Program Assistant job placement must hold a Diploma in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Community Development, Development Studies, Extension, or closely related field. A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of experience with related work.
- Ability to ride a motor cycle with a valid riding permit is an added advantage
- Background in development and humanitarian work is a plus.
- Strong community mobilization skills a must.
- Good writing, communication, organization, prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Good (English) verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent teamwork abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to learn and to be continually adaptive within a dynamic and often self-directed working environment mandatory.
- Proactive, problem-solving action orientation is essential.
- Ability to ride a motorbike with a valid license is a plus.
- Ability to speak at least one language of the populations to be served is preferable
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested in the above jobs should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and names, telephone contacts and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email: [email protected] clearly indicating the job title in the email subject.
NB: Please note that when you are successful for the above position, CARE will need Verified copies of your academic documents.
Deadline: 24th May 2019