Program Support Volunteer at Windle International Uganda
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Windle International Uganda
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda - NGO Jobs in Uganda
Windle International Uganda (WIU) is a registered INGO whose primary mission is to promote peace and development in the communities through provision of Education and training to Refugees and people affected by conflict. Windle International Uganda is the leading provider of access to university education, post-primary education, primary and vocational training for conflict affected Africans since 1996.
Windle International Uganda (WIU) in partnership with the UNHCR with Funding from the German Government is implementing the DAFI Scholarship Programme. DAFI- (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative Fund) is a refugee University Education Programme funded by the German Government through UNHCR (United Nations High Commission for Refugees).
In a bid to enhance implementation of the Program, Windle International Uganda seeks to recruit a Program Support Volunteer.
POSITION: Program Support Volunteer
SALARY: UGX. 700,000
SUPERVISOR: Project Officer- Scholarships
Scope of the work:
The Program Support Volunteer will provide adequate and timely professional guidance, counselling, supervision, capacity building and management support to the students on the program. He/ She will support other activities under the unit’s operations on a day to day basis. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide career guidance and psychosocial support to the DAFI Sponsored Students and where applicable make referrals to Partners offering psychosocial support and professional counsellors.
• Review and follow up on Academic reports to monitor Students’ academic Performance and identify academically weak Students for further support
• Facilitate meetings and feedback sessions to ensure there are linkages between Students, Parents and next of kin on matters of academic performances and Community engagement where necessary
• Provide one on one mentoring to DAFI Students to enable them identify the right career pathways and prepare them for Life after University
• Coordinate and liaise with the University Faculty Heads/Lecturers to support academically Weak Students
• Monitor the Students welfare to ensure that Students are not exposed to risky behavior at the Institutions of Higher Learning which may divert them from their routine academics
• Support Students to identify Internship placements through coordination with NGOs, other corporate organizations and offer recommendations appropriately
• Continuously update the students on the DAFI Scholarship entitlements, any possible changes in their allowances’ rates
• Participate in planning sessions for DAFI Students’ Clubs and Alumni Groups as they map out community Voluntary activities/outreaches
• Actively participate in and offer reasonable support to DAFI Students’ individual initiatives geared towards promoting visibility of the Programme
• Compile activity, monthly reports and Quarterly reports and Work plans
• Receive, handle and provide feedback to the day to day complaints from students
• Any other duties assigne
• Must have basic knowledge in computer applications like MS Office, Excel, Word and Power Point
• High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationship with Partners and Colleagues
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills, including the ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
• Excellent communication, organization and presentational skills demonstrated through Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place and capacity to work under pressure.
• Ability to work independently within guidelines and clear expectations.
• Ability to work comfortably and efficiently with other students from different cultural background.
• Multi-tasking abilities, quick decision making and quick response to issues.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Counselling & Guidance, Education, Development Studies, Social Sciences, International
• Relations and or any other related course from a recognized Institution.
• At least one year of progressive experience gained within a humanitarian NGO is preferred.
• Strong analytical and documentation skills in the management of education
• Postgraduate level education is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Counselling & Guidance
Job Experience Requirements: one year
How to Apply
Applications must be addressed to The Human Resource Manager, Windle International Uganda; P.O BOX 24230, Kampala. 2. Submit your application (letter of expression of interest, updated CV, copies of academic documents- ALL in ONE document) not larger than 2MB to the email address; [email protected] 3. Physical Delivery of applications can also be made to Windle International, Uganda located on Plot 726, Nagawa Close- Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill, Uganda Plot not later than Thursday 17th October, 2019 at 5:00pm. Note: Windle International Alumni who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and black listed. Human Resource Manager Windle International Uganda