Programmer at Forum for Women in Democracy
- Company: Forum for Women in Democracy
- Location: Uganda
- State: Gulu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Forum for Women in Democracy is a women’s non governmental organization based in Kampala. FOWODE birthed and launched SPEAK FM in 2012. The Radio is a non-partisan community radio based in Gulu whose aim is to reach thousands of people in the greater Acholi and Lango sub-region, empowering then to champion issues of gender equality, democracy, civic education, participation and livelihoods through excellent broad cast for better choices.
SPEAK FM Radio wishes to add to her team in Gulu, competent, results driven, dynamic and selfdriven individuals and is seeking applications to fill the vacant posts.
Reports to: Station Manager
Develop, implement, and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in preparation of the radio stations program schedules
Duties and Responsibilities.
1. Develop a comprehensive station Programming plan that delivers on the Stations mandate, to inform, entertain, educate, and generate revenue.
2. Review completed program logs for accuracy and conformance with the rules and regulations and resolve program log inaccuracies.
3. Coordinate with the Manager and other heads of department and production staff to resolve any matters relating to production and casting problems, budget, policies, and news.
4. Coordinate program schedules between News Editing and Reporting.
5. Develop promotions for current programs and specials
6. Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in broadcast news, sports or programming.
7. Establish work schedules and assign work to staff members.
8. Evaluate news and existing programming for suitability and to access the need for changes using information such as audience surveys and feedback.
9. Monitor and review programming in order to ensure that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered to and performances are of adequate quality.
10. Monitor network transmissions for additions concerning clarity program schedules program content, special feed and program content.
11. Plan and schedule programming and event coverage based on broadcast length time availability and other factors such as community needs ratings, date and listener demographics
12. Operate and maintain on air and production audio equipment.
• Attention to detail
• Technical programming capability
• Problem sensitivity
• Speed and Agility
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication and media related field of study.
• At least 2-3 years’ experience in radio or TV programming is a must.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20 Nov, 2020