Project Administrator at Rakai Health Sciences Program
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Rakai Health Sciences Program
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the district of Rakai, South Western Uganda.
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR – 1 POSITION
(KALISIZO) with frequent travels to field offices The Project Administrator will support the project manager by providing overall administrative (non- technical) support across all program areas..
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• He/she will supervise / support the work of all the administration officers & accounts clerks supporting the different program areas in the clusters of Masaka regional HIV Mechanism; to ensure that they abide by all the guidelines
• He/ she will support the clusters to ensure that expenditures and reports are within approved budgets and in line with donor and RHSP guidelines.
• Ensure that there is an up-to-date inventory of the assets of the Masaka regional HIV Mechanism across all program areas.
• Support the cluster teams in drawing up of periodic work plans/budgets-in relation to the set targets
• Support the cluster teams to account for all the project funds dispersed to them
• Prepare monthly funds received Vs accountability reconciliation report for the whole Masaka Region HIV mechanism that reflects the contribution of the different clusters.
• Support the cluster teams in preparing financial requisitions and making payments
• Assist with all aspects of administration, directory maintenance, logistics, assets/ equipment inventory, storage and management for the Masaka region HIV mechanism
• Support the process of scheduling appointments and meetings with the districts and other stakeholders by working with the cluster teams.
• Ensuring that all Masaka region HIV mechanism meeting minutes are prepared and properly stored including those in the clusters.
• Support the cluster coordinators to develop and administer monthly integrated schedules that are used to guide activity transport allocation by the clusters.
• With guidance from the transport section, he/ she will support/ guide the administration officers on how to supervise the drivers in the clusters
• Support the clusters in preparing and archiving documents
• Assist in preparation of reports for internal and external use for the Masaka regional HIV Mechanism.
• Other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• The applicant should preferably hold a Masters’ Degree (ideally) in Business Administration, public administration, accounting, project management or other related areas. Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, public administration, Commerce.
• At least 3 years’ experience in managing Program logistics, administration, Finance and operations; setting up and maintaining operations and logistical procedures and processes; implementing health and safety procedures;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
• Proven management experience leading small to medium sized teams;
• Ability to liaise efficiently with individuals and organizations to arrange and carry out program administration functions;
• Experience in operating within environments with diverse cultures and practices;
• Ability to use computer systems and standard office software reliably, including organizing and setting up systems for maintaining office electronic records;
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: 1 year
How to Apply
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the HR Manager to [email protected] . Kindly indicate the Job title under subject of the mail. Only Online applications will be considered Deadline for Submission: Close of business by 5:00pm, Friday, 24th May 2019 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbing and canvassing will lead to disqualification