Project Officers – Sanitation Marketing (2 Job Placements) at AMREF Health Africa
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kabale - UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
AMREF Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional nubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal Respectively. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Job Summary: The Project Officers – Sanitation Marketing is primarily responsible for innovative implementation of the FINISH (Financial Inclusion for Improved Sanitation) Program in Rwenzori Region. FINISH program will work with partners to contribute to realization of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 3 (Good Health and Well Being) SDG 6 (Clean water and sanitation) and SDG 17 (Partnerships for the Goals). This program aims to achieve Universal Access to safe and well managed Sanitation facilities and Healthier and economically empowered communities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with other members of the WASH team, plan and undertake assessments in order to identify key sanitation interventions and WASH-related health risks (targets) and priorities.
- Prepare and periodically update detailed implementation plans (DIP), weekly and monthly work plans, that supports monitoring and timely implementation of the target interventions;
- Undertake regular field visits and ensure quality and timely completion of the target activities within the defined time, budget and donor requirements;
- In collaboration with the M&E team, identify beneficiary target and plan and monitor activities, outputs and outcomes
- Ensure that activities reflect the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. children, elderly people and people with disabilities.
- Use participatory approaches as far as possible throughout the project cycle, in planning, implementing, training, and other materials.
- Implement the sanitation interventions with guidance from the project manager and coordinate with Partner Organizations specifically in creating demand for use of safely managed sanitation facilities.
- Identify and establish community structures and facilitate the processes through which the WASH activities can be implemented and sustainably managed.
- Mobilize communities as appropriate for participation in planning, construction, operation, and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
- Plan, implement, and monitor sanitation interventions, and ensure they are appropriate to specific sectors of the community, e.g. children, youths, women, and men.
- Prepare monthly, quarter and annual plans and contribute to the narrative reports.
- Ensure that all project activities are implemented in accordance with their budget lines and budget limits.
- Plan and coordinate trainings together with other WASH team members.
- Undertake other assignment as requested by the line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Community Health, Community Development, Environmental Health Sciences and; Social work and Social Sciences.
- Diploma in Environment Health Sciences or Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
- Three years of relevant hands on work experience implementing Sanitation Marketing projects.
- An ability to relate effectively and understands the socio economic and cultural situation of the project area.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, decision making and strategic planning skills.
- Business Development and proposal writing skills is desirable.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure
How to Apply
All candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV including three professional referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Amref Health Africa in Uganda via Email to: [email protected]. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: 26th September 2019