Receptionist at Higher Education Students’ Financing Board
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Higher Education Students’ Financing Board
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
The Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB) is a body Corporate established by an Act of Parliament, number 2 of 2014, to provide both Loans and Scholarships to Ugandan Students to pursue Higher Education. The objective of the Loan Scheme is to increase equitable access to Higher Education in Uganda and also support qualified students who may not afford the cost of Higher Education.
Job Summary: The Receptionist will be responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including receiving visitors, answering phone calls, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer the phone calls in a timely and polite manner; take messages and direct calls to the appropriate person
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, by organizing all necessary stationery and reading materials e.g. brochures and other information leaflets.
- Perform general administrative and clerical support duties such as filing, collate, photocopying, transcribing and faxing documents accurately.
- Deal with queries and provide correct information to callers
- Maintain an updated Internal and external Telephone Directory and contacts;
- Maintain an appointment diary and follow up scheduled appointments.
- Maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance and respond professionally to visitors and callers.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in Secretarial studies, Social Sciences; Management; or any related field.
- At least two years of working experience in a busy office.
- Knowledge of computer applications e.g. Microsoft office
- Telephone handling skills
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Customer service skills
- Adaptability and ability to interact with diverse individuals.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications enclosing photocopies of certificates, updated CVs and three referees to the address below;
Higher Education Students' Financing Board (HESFB),
Plot 1, Lourdel Road,
Lourdel Towers 7th Floor, Nakasero,
P.O. Box 16810 Wandegeya, Kampala. Uganda
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th August 2019