Records Assistant at Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board
- Company: Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is one of the national Assessment Boards in Uganda. This is a professional Examinations Board with the mandate to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions. The Board therefore conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping and other related fields), Physical Sciences (Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism. UBTEB is committed to conduct quality applied knowledge and skills Examinations with an ultimate goal of enabling the students to access further upward academic progressions and employment in the world of work. The Board emphasizes Integrity and transparency, Valid and Reliable Assessment, Commitment and Teamwork, Security and confidentiality, and Professionalism as the key guiding principles for building a strong organization.
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts in its establishment under the Directorates of Examinations Management and that of Finance, Human Resource and Administration. All applicants should be computer literate. The Board offers an attractive salary and benefit package to these positions.
Job Title: Records Assistant (1 Post)
Ref No: UBTEB/HRM-EXT/015/01/2021
Salary Scale: BTEB 7
Reports to: Records officer
Department: Human Resource and Administration
To provide support in the managing of records according to established standards and procedures .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Carry out day-to-day operations of the registry
• Organise and describe records
• Open files for keeping information and closing them when due;
• File information and route to officers responsible for action;
• Implement records retention and disposal schedules
• Maintain the registry
• Facilitate access to the registry and coordinate the transfer of records
• Receive, register and classify records;
• Open files for keeping classified information and closing when due;
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Working Experience
• A minimum of Diploma in Library and Information Science (DLIS) or a Diploma in Records and Information Management (DRIM)
• A minimum of one (1) year working experience in Records management in a reputable organization
• 20 – 40 years of age at entry
• Communication and interpersonal skills;
• Integrity and ethics
• Team Work;
• Time Management
• Computer skills
Method of ApplicationThree sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials, Transcripts and/or Result slips; Three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, Names and addresses of two referees, A letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees; should be submitted in sealed envelopes and hand delivered not later than 23rd January, 2021 at 5.00p.m to the address indicated below. The Job title and Reference Number should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope. Applications should be addressed to;
The Executive Secretary, Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board; Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda; P. O. Box 1499; Kampala – Uganda. Only successful applicants will be contacted.