Red Cross Society Jobs in Uganda : Youth Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Social Sciences
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Youth Officer will primarily develop, monitor and implement systems for mobilizing youth and volunteer for effective engagement and management in line with the organizational mission and vision.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with coordinating the implementation of URCS youth strategy and ensure compliance and standards for effective youth engagement;
- Lead in the resource mobilization for youth led development initiatives at the institutional level as part of youth livelihood support and development;
- Develop, implement and monitor the youth and volunteer membership management schemes in line with the department’s mission;
- Develop and implement the recruitment and retention plan for youth, volunteers and members;
- Contributing to URCS design of community development programmes that promotes effective youth engagement;
- Providing support to branches to identify and develop youth and volunteer programmes / projects for sustainable youth development;
- Prepare unit budget and taking into account URC’s strategic plan in line with organisation’s set standards;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports of youth, volunteer and membership activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Youth Officer job opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in SWASA, Community Development, Development Studies from a reputable academic institution;
- Possession of a Post-graduate qualification in Public Administration, Human Resource or a related field will be an added advantage.
- Three years’ experience preferably with membership based organizations;
- Previous work experience with large international or national humanitarian agency level preferably with governance structures;
- Experience in Youth and Volunteer Management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- High level of integrity;
- Good team leader;
- Organised and a good planner with excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Significant understanding of complex emergencies;
- Understanding of various donors requirements;
- Excellent working skills with Microsoft Office and a database package.
How to Apply
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: [email protected] or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 28th May 2018 by 5:00pm