• Perform first cut detail analysis and review of all regulatory reports, making the necessary corrections before submission to RRM, FC & CFO
• Deliver accurate and timely financial and statistical information to the Central Bank.
• Liaise with Central Bank on issues arising from financial, statistical and other reports.
• Ensure that statutory accounts are drawn up in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local requirements and in a timely manner.
• Prepare / review statutory and regulatory reports as per group and regulatory guidelines and ensure accurate and timely delivery of reports
• Perform monthly reconciliation of accounts assigned to you by the Senior Manager, Reporting
• Computation and posting of monthly tax corporation tax entries to ensure monthly reports reflects the correct tax charge.
• Assist in the preparation of corporation tax returns for timely review by the Senior Manager, reporting
• Perform monthly cost review and analysis ensuring that the costs are within expected monthly run rates
• Maintain an up-to-date schedule of all statutory and regulatory reports prepared by the Finance Department (with due dates and recipients), and ensure submission dates for these reports are adhered to at all times.
• Ensure compliance with all international standards, local statutory and group policies and guidelines, and report any potential breaches in time for remedial action
• Ensure accurate submission of ALCO reports, FTP (back testing results) and recommend necessary adjustments before submission to the Senior Manager, Reporting
• Review input into ALCO and liquidity reports for use by EXCO and the Board within the set deadlines in accordance with Group standards and objectives.
• Review monthly management reports to ensure any exceptions are addressed before submission to Group in collaboration with Business Finance partners.
• Finance Partner for the support functions which entails:
– Undertake the financial analysis of the Support Business functions monthly performance. Regularly update the Support Business function Heads on the units’ performance to enable them to prepare reports as necessary.
– Coordinate preparation of functional budgets and hold discussions with the responsible Departmental heads for review by the SM, Reporting before loading into Hyperion.
• Assist spoke in the definition of requirements for new / revisions in reports and in consultation with Spoke FC advise the necessary corrections to Hub.
• Inform SMR/FC of potential challenges in the delivery of reports and ensure stakeholders are kept abreast of the same.
• Provide an analysis of unusual / unreasonable trends for review by RRM/FC.
• Monitor local and international developments in regulatory reporting and ensure timely and appropriate adoption as required.
• Report the unit’s OR issues and losses to FORM.
• Recommend improvements in the control environment
• Adhere to the agreed KCSA / CST plans and approach.
• Identify and report all non compliance exceptions to the SMR / FC
• University degree preferable in Business or Accounting coupled with second level professional accounting qualification e.g. CPA, ACCA or CIMA plus at least two years’ experience in a middle management accounting position of a busy financial /commercial organization.
• Knowledge of IFRS.
• High level of computer literacy and understanding of business computing environments.
• Comprehensive understanding of Group reporting
• Understanding of the local regulatory environment.
• Strong knowledge in financial and management reporting principles
• Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
• Good communication and interpersonal skills – a team player.