Research Fellow-Social Economic at International Livestock Research Institute
- Company: International Livestock Research Institute
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Uganda
On behalf of the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT is now seeking for a qualified candidate to serve as a Research Fellow-Social Economic. Both ILRI and The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT are CGIAR Research Centers. For further information on ILRI, consult the website at: http://www.ilri.org .
Under the supervision of the Senior Scientist – Agricultural Economist – ILRI, the incumbent will support the implementation of Livestock CRP activities in 5 districts in Uganda (Mukono, Wakiso, Masaka, Mpigi and Kampala). The position will be based in Kampala, Uganda. Key Responsibilities Under the supervision of the Senior Scientist – Agricultural Economist – ILRI, the Research Fellow will provide support on the implementation of Livestock CRP activities in 5 districts in Uganda (Mukono, Wakiso, Masaka, Mpigi and Kampala).
More specifically he/she will:
• Monitor MorePork project interventions and partner activities (Market Systems Development and PigSmart interventions)
• Support the implementation of baseline field activities under the MorePork project and gender focused qualitative studies to assess intervention outcomes
• Support Livestock CRP Livestock Livelihoods Agri-Food Systems flagship activities in Uganda
• Engage with project partners to implement the Market Systems Development and PigSmart interventions and link the partners with district stakeholders
• Conduct systematic literature review on gender inclusive business models that enhance women’s participation in livestock marketing and contribute to drafting of the manuscript
• Supervise enumerators in collection of baseline survey data
• Collect sex-disaggregated focus group discussions data to assess the business arrangements that work for women and men pig farmers and aggregators as well
• Collect sex-disaggregated focus group discussions data to assess men and women pig farmers access to and perceptions regarding the PigSmart platform
• Analyze data, draft reports and provide feedback to stakeholders
• Develop research and policy briefs on outcomes of the interventions
Qualifications and competencies
• Master of Science degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, or related field from a recognized
• At least 2 years’ experience carrying out socio-economic research and/or socio-economic related development work.
• Proficiency in data collection, data analysis (SPSS, STATA, R, Nvivo, Atlas, among others).
• Ability to write technical reports and possess good communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and rural settings.
• Commitment to organization’s mission and core values
Terms and conditions:
This is a locally recruited position and all benefits are denominated and paid in Ugandan Shillings. The Alliance of Bioversity CIAT remuneration package includes a competitive salary, leave provisions and medical insurance. The initial contract will be for a period of one year, subject to a probationary period of six months and is renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 1 March. 2021