Save the Children International Jobs in Uganda : Program Officer Livelihoods
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Uganda
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale.
Job Summary: The Program Officer-Livelihoods will play a central role in strengthening young farmers groups’ knowledge, skills and practices in agribusiness in 6 underserved sub-counties in Amuru, Nwoya and Gulu districts. S/he will be responsible for linking youth to actors in agricultural value chains: inputs, production, processing, marketing and transportation of agricultural products. S/he will liaise with District Production Offices and Local Partners to offer both agronomic extension services and market opportunities for young farmers. S/he will also be involved to support formation and development of Village Savings and Loan Associations (VSLAs) for youth groups and promote linkages with microcredit institutions for more comprehensive Business Development Services (BDS), including support to access business and agro value chain loan services. S/he will build capacity of resource persons -Community Based Trainers (CBTs) to train and offer technical assistance to the VSLA groups on VSLA methodology, savings and loan management and coaching and mentoring. S/he will support youth led market assessment to identify opportunities, develop business plans and support the implementation of the youth business plans.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Save the Children Program Officer Livelihoods job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or a relevant discipline. Graduate or post-graduate training in project planning & management, monitoring and evaluation, community development & research or related field is an added advantage
- At least three years of relevant working experience with at least 1 year at middle management level in an NGO.
- Previous experience working with agricultural and livelihoods programs especially in Value Chain Development and Rural Financial Methodologies including VSL Associations and strong documentation, advocacy, facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Health, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection program delivery AND Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must & ability to speak local language (Luo) and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
How to Apply
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the title link below.
Deadline: 13th February 2019