Senior Accountant at Tecno Investment Ltd
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Tecno Investment Ltd
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
TECNO – Mobile is the premium mobile phone brand of Transsion Holdings with a comprehensive mobile device portfolio across feature phones, smart phones & tablets. As a brand, TECNO is dedicated to transforming state-of-art technologies into localized products under the guideline of “Think Globally, Act Locally.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports; ensure timely preparation of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for tracking income and expenditures.
- Cost management; ensure the most efficient management of expenses and purchases.
- Tax declaration & filing; preparation and filing of statutory returns and payments (VAT, PAYE, NSSF, LST, WHT and other applicable taxes), while ensuring that there is sufficient cash to meet these statutory obligations.
- URA Payments; processing URA payments and answerable to their officials on tax inquiries.
- Financial audit; assure accuracy of supporting documentation and entries for accounts reporting
- Entry records; maintain journal entries of all transfers (cash and bank)
- Bank transactions; make necessary bank transactions in a timely and cost effective manner
- Prepare payment vouchers and cheques, ensuring they are distributed to the correct recipients.
- Resolve any discrepancies or clarification for accounting records.
- Organize and maintain accounting filing system
- Reconcile travel and activity advances
- Review invoice accuracy
- Accuracy of fixed assets in the system and on ground, control of misuse, theft of Company assets, ensure optimal utilization of assets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Tecno Investment Senior Accountant job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Accounts related course from a reputable University
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar role.
- Ability to use QuickBooks and similar accounting software
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
How to Apply
All candidates who wish to apply for the above position can send an email to [email protected] (please ensure to indicate job applied for in subject head)
Deadline: 31st August 2019 by 17:00hrs