Senior Finance & Administration Officer at Center for Domestic Violence Prevention (CEDOVIP)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Center for Domestic Violence Prevention (CEDOVIP)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
CEDOVIP is a local NGO that works to prevent violence against women in Uganda. We work with women, men, government institutions, policy makers, civil society and the media.
Center for Domestic Violence Prevention (CEDOVIP) through support from UN Women will be implementing the Government of Sweden and the EU-UN Spotlight Initiative to Eliminate Violence Against Women and Girls.
Job Summary: The Senior Finance and Administration Officer will assist with performing the first level accounting oversight at institutional level to ensure accuracy and compliance with CEDOVIP rules and regulations for all expenses and supplier payment requests. As a member of the management team, s/he will participate in program discussions and planning as appropriate, and will also assist with other financial, contractual and administrative support functions of CEDOVIP.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing General Ledger journals, including wages journal, and accurate financial data entry on all relevant systems
- Producing timely monthly management of accounts and departmental financial reports
- Supervising the Finance officer and Accounts Assistant
- Monitoring bank accounts, managing cash flow and Reconcile outstanding advances monthly and provide update to Executive Director.
- Train Finance and administration staff as well as program staff on project policies and procedures in addition to how to properly complete the required financial procedures.
- Following up on payment schedule with tax bodies, vendors and consultants to ensure that they are paid within the agreed timeframe and statements are reconciled
- Overseeing petty cash and Administering staff saving scheme
- Co-ordinating the annual internal financial audit and the annual external audit, as well as ensuring the organization abides by relevant legislation and statute
- Overseeing and reporting on income and expenditure on a monthly basis
- Carry out routine field visits to ascertain value for money and items reaching correct beneficiaries
- Reporting on external financial issues that might impact on the organization and
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Executive Director
- Monitor procurement, logistics, travel and events processes for compliance with policy guidelines
- Monitor utilization of motor vehicles, office equipment, computers and ICT system to ensure proper operation and maintenance in compliance with policy guidelines
- Monitor records management and archiving system to ensure compliance with policy guidelines
- Monitor protective measures to secure computers and office equipment
- Ensure that the office legal registration is up to date.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- Professional qualification as a CPA is considered a plus
- At least five to seven years of project level accounting or finance experience with or donor funded projects
- 2-4 years of supervisor or managerial experience
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Pro-active in anticipating work requirements and problem solving.
- Ability to provide audit trails of work done
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Applied experience with a computerized accounting system. Quickbooks experience preferred
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong administrative and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams; take initiative, and follow through on outstanding issues
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should prepare:
A thoughtful cover letter;
A CV only;
A one-page write-up on the topic: “strengthening the financial function of a vibrant women’s rights organization”
Submissions should be delivered in hard copy to Plot 16 Tufnell drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, or via email to: [email protected] with subject line “Senior Finance & Administration Officer.”
NB: Please do not attach copies of certificates at this stage.
Deadline: 14th June 2019 by 5:00pm