Senior Finance Officer – Reporting & Analysis at World Vision Uganda
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Vision Uganda
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Job Summary: The Senior Finance Officer – Reporting & Analysis will Provide overall leadership and management for finance reporting and analysis function, by promoting financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial information, and performance management. The role of the Senior Finance Officer is to ensure the completeness and integrity of the financial information in Sun systems, to contribute to monthly reporting, to provide support to managers on budget management and reporting to various stakeholders. In addition, the Senior Finance Officer will support the SFM in liaise with Global Center Financial Reporting Services Center in day-to-day financial management and manage the Accountants, in charge of reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial reporting and analysis
- Provide the leadership in the preparation of monthly and yearly financial reporting.
- Liaise with various stakeholders in National Office and Global Shared Services Centre in day-to-day accounting, processing Account Payable and monthly reporting
- Coordinate the timely and accurate submission of monthly Financial Reports in FFR Database
- Ensure 100% compliance to WV Partnership reporting timeline and standards
- Lead the monthly online FFR meetings of finance and program teams to discuss finance reports.
- Review day-to-day transactions posted in sun systems and coordinate corrections of journal entries.
Financial planning and Budget management
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process and provide technical support, to ensure global and regional guidelines are met.
- Assist Senior Finance Manager in preparing and presentation of project/Departmental projects. Assist SFM to coordinate monthly meetings to present project reports.
- Maintenance of chart of accounts, updating AA codes, deactivating closing accounts in various systems.
- Analyze spending trends and provide feedback and analysis to FSSD Director and field colleagues on areas with significant over- or under spending
- Ensure timely submission of annual project budget submission through Horizon
- MyPBAS reconciled monthly and issue followed up with relevant Support Office
- Collaborate with members of the finance team in the review and consolidation of project budgets.
Risk Management and Controls:
- Implement appropriate financial systems and controls to avoid significant audit risk ratings.
- Support SFM in developing & maintaining finance briefing pack for staff induction & conduct financial trainings on WVI systems for staff.
Respond to audits queries relating to finance reports.
- Coordinate adequate preparation for GC and External Audit. Liaise with WV Uganda external auditor for WV Uganda Annual Statutory Audit
- Implement financial policies in accordance with World Vision’s Field Finance Manual, Donor Rules and Regulations and local statutory requirement.
- Promote benchmarks for determining effective resource utilization at all levels.
- Promote effective networks within WV, VFI through effective communication, relationships with SO, RO, GC, FRSC.
Team Performance Management:
- Manage performance of the Accountants/Assistant Accountants & provide technical support to the Field Finance officers.
- Ensure WV finance and business support policies and procedures are understood by subordinates, and non-finance staff, and all partners
- Provide capacity building to finance and other non-finance staff in understanding finance related issues.
- Leading the teams in planning and implementation of new finance initiatives
- Designing and conducting training courses and workshops
- Build the capacity of finance team is using Sun systems and PMQA
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, and Accounting.
- At least 5 years relevant technical and business work experience
- At least 5 years relevant experience in financial management
- At least 3 years of experience in large scale of INGO
- Excellent in operating sun systems and PMQA
- Advances skills in operating Microsoft excel
- Knowledge of INGO donors and their financial reporting requirements
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and attentive to detail
- Strong ability to be able to manage and prioritize multiple task
- Experience of working in the field (communities)
How to Apply
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 6th December 2019 at 5:30 pm