Snv Jobs in Uganda : Project Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: SNV
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda - Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation was founded in the Netherlands over 50 years ago and has built a long-term, local presence in 38 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of advisors use their specialist expertise in Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene to contribute to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today. SNV has been working in Uganda since 1989 and is currently working in 108 districts. Our advisory services are in line with Ugandan policies and are tailored for specific Ugandan organisations, enterprises and districts. SNV would like to implement an anticipated WASH Programme.
About DFID Project:
SNV was engaged by DFID under the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Results Challenge
Fund (WASH RCF) to reach 2.73 million people with hygiene promotion and support at least 2.084 million people to gain to access to sanitation by December 2015. This Programme is implemented in nine countries namely: Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nepal, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. The programme enabled first time access to sanitation by reaching out to 1.844 million people by December 2015. In Uganda, SNV is implementing this exciting programme in a total of fifteen districts that are spread in two regions namely Rwenzori region, and West Nile region.
Job Summary: The Project Officer will be responsible for supporting sanitation businesses to produce and sell sanitation services and products as well as coordinate sanitation behavior change interventions in the assigned districts. He/she will influence both personal and domestic sanitation and hygiene practices through sales and marketing approaches.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning: Proper planning of the work schedules in consideration of logistics constraints, community constraints and participation of female and persons with disabilities in the field activities.
- Effective mobilization of entrepreneurs and relevant stakeholders to participate in planned activities, ensuring that stakeholders are consulted in the planning.
- Provide monthly updates to buyers and relevant sub- county authorities where the project is implemented.
- Collaborate and work well with relevant government entities, development partners and community structures during the implementation of this project.
- Jointly develop work plans and reporting regimes with local actors to foster accountability and monitoring implementation.
- Hold monthly reflection meetings with stakeholders on progress of the number of people reached in the region for hygiene promotion
- Establishing sanitation sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and districts; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new sanitation and hygiene products.
- Implement sanitation sales programs in the district by developing field sales action plans.
- Support sanitation business enterprises in maintaining, sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping and analysing current records of supply and demand, changing trends and economic indicators
- Support sanitation enterprises in establishing and maintaining a sales and marketing strategy for business enterprises.
- Link entrepreneurs to producers and enhance alignment to national level strategies
- Support sanitation enterprises to maintain sanitation sales team through recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training and coaching
- Build capacity of entrepreneurs and sales teams in Business entrepreneurial skills
- Facilitate behavior change communication activities through coordination with partners and other stakeholders in the region.
- Implement, monitor and evaluate BCC activities in the district
- Prepare and submit weekly reports to line manager on the progress towards planned activities, results achieved and remedial actions required for the subsequent period.
- Progressively report on improved sanitation uptake and innovations
- Progressively report on product development options and modifications
- Track and report sales and installation for informed choice options relevant to the context
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental health, Public Health, B.Com Marketing, Business administration or any related field.
- Diploma in cooperatives management /professional certificate in sales management is an added advantage
- A minimum of two years’ experience in sales and marketing from a reputable institution
- Working knowledge of sales, Microfinance, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOs) Group lending, alternative Banking channels ,or business development is an added advantage
- Experience working with local government and communities
- Broad knowledge and understanding of poverty and social impact
- Excellent learning and listening skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate high levels of responsibility, accountability and honesty.
- High degree of initiative, flexibility, reliability, discretion and willingness to learn;
- Good understanding of field realities; ability to link different professional spheres: business, government, and civil society
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below Click Here Deadline: 20th November 2017