SpotlightProgramme Coordinator at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nation’s global development network. UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. The UNDP provides expert advice, training, grant support to developing countries including Uganda with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
About Spotlight Programme:
The European Union and the United Nations have launched the Spotlight Initiative, a multi-year programme aimed at addressing all forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG), and harmful practices. It will follow a transformative and evidence-based approach, addressing unequal power relations between men and women and focusing on gender equality and women’s empowerment, as well as ending impunity for VAWG. In line with the principles of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Initiative will follow a human rights-based approach and take into consideration the specific needs of women and girls who experience multiple and intersecting forms of discrimination and uphold the principle of “leaving no one behind.” The Spotlight Initiative aims to support transformative change on the ground to end violence against women and girls, in numerous countries globally, including Uganda. The initiative comes with the highest level of commitment globally and will be governed by the UN Deputy Secretary General and the Vice President of the EU Commission.
Job Summary: The SpotlightProgramme Coordinator will exercise overall responsibility for planning, implementing, coordinating and reporting on the Spotlight programme in Uganda. The Programme Coordinator will work closely with the Gender Advisor, National Steering Committee, the Core Management Team, and implementing agencies, as well as other stakeholders. The Programme Coordinator will provide overall program management support, technical guidance and oversight, support the Monitoring and Evaluation specialist in reporting and monitoring, and ensure overall coherence in the implementation of the programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Guide the implementation and management of the Spotlight programme in Uganda
- Provide reports to the Gender Advisor and Head of the Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO) on programme performance and results;
- Coordinate the convening of relevant committees, including the National Steering Committee, Core Management Team, and Civil Society Reference Group;
- Facilitate and contribute to the production of consolidated annual work plans, budgets, and annual reports;
- Oversee implementation, schedules, deliverables, and budgets as articulate in the country programme document;
- Provide programme guidance, updates, and information to the Steering Committee, implementing partners, and other stakeholders
Liaise with the Spotlight Secretariat;
- Coordinate technical assistance and capacity development to the Spotlight Initiative in Uganda
- Provide guidance in the overall technical coherence of the Programme across pillars,
- Provide technical advice and innovative approaches to facilitating programme interventions and achievement of programme deliverables;
- Guide the process of delivery of technical assistance and engagement with partners;
- Build, manage, and expand relationships with partners to support implementation;
- Provide programme development and/or revision guidance
- Coordinate the design and formulation of any related programme proposal and initiatives or revisions to approved Spotlight Country Programme Document;
- Organize any needed consultations with key stakeholders, experts, or UN agencies
- Support monitoring and oversee reporting of the programme
- Prepare analytical reviews and systematically capture lessons learnt from implementation;
- Support RCO monitoring and evaluation team to monitor the programme implementation of activities and outcomes;
- Support RCO finance team to monitor programme budgets and finalize financial reports;
- Provide inputs and drafting support to narrative and annual reports;
- Identify/monitor risks that could interfere with programme delivery; design mitigation measures
- Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Provide technical and coordination support to the RCO and implementing agencies to develop joint resource mobilization and sustainability strategies;
- Develop relevant documentation of potential opportunities for resource mobilization
- Coordinate between the different UN agencies to achieve a coherent and aligned presence of the Spotlight Initiative
- Provide support to the Gender Advisor on inter-agency coordination-related activities, including by attending or participating in meetings, events, committees or groups;
- Support the Gender Advisor to coordinate with other UN agencies, government departments, donors and NGOs to ensure Spotlight programme is harmonized and aligned with other in-country efforts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the United Nations UNDP SpotlightProgramme Coordinator job placement should hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in social sciences, gender/women’s studies, international development, or related field; or
- A relevant bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with two additional years of qualifying experience.
- Program management degree or certification would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of complex development projects;
- Technical experience in EVAWG or GBV;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset;
- Experience working in the field of knowledge management is an asset;
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset;
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work Level 5: Creates new and relevant ideas and leads others to implement them
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow Level 5: Plans and acts transparently, actively works to remove barriers
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction Level 5: Models high professional standards and motivates excellence in others
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform Level 5: Gains trust of peers, partners, clients by presenting complex concepts in practical terms to others
- Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement Level 5: Critically assesses value and relevance of existing policy / practice and contributes to enhanced delivery of products, services, and innovative solutions
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the United Nations Development Programme, UNDP, in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below. Please further review job requirements and if competent Click Apply Now.
Deadline: 20th May 2019