Staff Nurse at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]buganda.com
- Company: AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Uganda as AIDS Healthcare Foundation – Uganda Cares (AHF-UC) which is collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation (U.S.A) to provide free HIV/AIDS services; including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings.
AHF – Uganda Cares to date operates in districts including; Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Kyotera, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Luweero, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Hoima, Nakasongora, Nakaseke, Buikwe, Ntungamo, Tororo, Kapelebyong, Busia and supports 54 clinic sites country wide. The organisation now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the positions below;
This position provides quality care to patients in a health care setting. Assists the health care team and may act as a team leader within the scope of the practice guidelines. This position is based at Kakooge HC III.
The holder of the position performs among others the following duties;
• Provides skilled nursing procedures.
• Administers medication as ordered within the scope of practice of the licensee.
• Performs phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered (provided is certified)
• Attends and participates in team conferences, meetings, CMEs as required.
• May act as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care.
• May supervise care given by other health workers e.g. HIV Medics, ART AIDE, maintenance workers, Interns Phlebotomists etc.
• Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
• Provides patient and family education as directed by the clinical team.
• Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
• Ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
• Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the clinician.
• Provide patient Health education
• Other duties may be assigned as needed
• Multi-tasking, flexibility, telephone etiquette, customer care/service, time management, high level of organization, attention to detail, scheduling
• knowledge of Microsoft office applications,
• professionalism and maintaining a quality focus.
• Certificate/Diploma in nursing obtained from a reputable training institution.
• Must be registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
• Additional qualification in HIV/AIDS counselling will be an added advantage
• Must have at least 3 years’ experience providing similar services in a reputable health facility or organization.
• Hands on experience in HIV prevention, care and management.
Job Education Requirements: Certificate/Diploma in nursing
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
How to Apply
To be considered for this recruitment, please; Address your email application (Cover Letter and CV ONLY) to: [email protected] mentioning position applied for in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB - any larger email will not be considered. Deliver your hard copy application to the front office Assistant at Head Office – AHF Uganda cares Kiira Road. Deadline: Friday 18 October, 2019 at 5:00pm AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer