Technical Advisor-HIV Prevention at University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC), a US-based public health organization working in Uganda since 2005 is an implementer for the USAID’s Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in East Central Uganda (USAID’s RHITES EC) Activity. The purpose of the Activity is to support delivery of integrated health and HIV services in 12 districts of East-Central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Technical Advisor, HIV Prevention is responsible for providing overall leadership, coordination and management for the implementation of high quality HIV prevention services including Case finding, KP and PP, Prep, GBV and will work closely with the VMMC team to ensure effective provision of HIV prevention services across the project supported districts. S/he will provide strategic level technical direction, oversight and support for design and implementation of HIV prevention services. S/he will ensure HIV prevention service provider teams at facility and community levels have the necessary capacity/skills to deliver quality and comprehensive services that are integrated with other health services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic level planning, program design and implementation support for the HIV prevention portfolio of the project;
- Responsible for coordinating and managing service provider skills strengthening activities (through training, mentoring and support supervision), as per national guidelines
- On a routine basis, use HIV prevention program performance data to tailor technical support needs and inputs to performance needs and targets;
- Ensure that the project HIV prevention activities are informed by evidence, adhere to national policies and guidelines, are well-coordinated and demonstrate intended results;
- Working closely with supervisor and other team members, develop, implement and track annual, quarterly and monthly HIV prevention work plans and budgets;
- Track HIV Prevention key performance indicators and strategies to determine progress in achievement of targets and innovations across supported districts and sites;
- On a routine basis, closely work with the Monitoring and Evaluation teams to track and monitor project progress in attainment of HIV prevention portfolio performance targets and design and implement appropriate measures to keep on track;
- Support district and facility teams to continuously use performance data to identity performance gaps, design, implement and track improvement projects for HIV prevention
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a basic degree in any of the Humanities or medical field, and a Master’s degree in public Health or another related field
- Significant experience collaborating and developing partnerships with Ministries of Health/National Programs, DHOs, donors, NGOs, and/or other stakeholders on HIV Prevention initiatives in alignment with national strategic plans
- Experience working initiatives within Uganda strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork
- Produces high quality work in a timely, cost-effective manner;
- Experience in managing quality improvement interventions and technical institutional capacity building programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Three or more years of professional experience working with HIV Prevention programs in Uganda;
- Two or more years of experience in implementing or managing HIV prevention programs for key and priority populations in Uganda
- Experience with PEPFAR, USAID and donor projects is highly desirable
How to Apply
All Qualified candidates should hand deliver OR send via E-mail their complete applications with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references to: Human Resource Coordinator, University Research Co., LLC - Centre for Human Services, Plot 1 Bridge Lane, Mpumudda Division, P.O. Box 5053, Jinja-Uganda. Tel: +256 (0) 393 217 617, +256 200 300 200, E-mail: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 18th October 2019 at 2:00pm