Tourism Board Jobs in Uganda : Marketing Manager
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Uganda Tourism Board (UTB)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda - Sales Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) is a statutory organization established by Uganda Tourism Board Statute of 1994 and reconstituted in the Tourism Act 2008. Its objectives are:
- To promote and contribute to the Development of Tourism sector both within and outside of Uganda.
- To coordinate with the Ministry responsible for Tourism and the private sector in the implementation of the National Tourism policy.
Job Summary: The Marketing Manager oversees the development and implementation of the country’s marketing strategy and the brand plan manual for destination Uganda to position Uganda as a significant and attractive travel destination in world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Marketing Strategy; He/she shall oversee the preparation and implementation of the marketing strategy as well as the brand plan manual and the product development strategy for destination. He/she develops a marketing strategy by studying economic indicators; tracking changes in supply and demand; identifying customers and their current and future needs; monitoring the competition.
- Promotion of destination Uganda; Develop and implement a promotions strategy for destination Uganda
- Brand: he/she is in charge of the destination Uganda brand management and shall develop and implement the brand manual through awareness creation and positioning the destination appropriately as per the brand manual.
- Supervision; He/she shall oversee planning, execution, performance appraisal and reporting by the Senior Marketing Officers directly and all the other officers in the Marketing Department.
- Supervise Market Representatives that Uganda may hire from time to time in key source markets as well emerging markets and ensure value from these engagements.
- Tourism Research; he/she provides guidance to the market research forecasts and reports by directing market research data collection, analysis, interpretation and application.
- Marketing Communication; he/she oversees the development and implementation of advertising campaigns, selecting effective media outlets such as online, television, radio, billboards or newspaper, as well as production of promotional materials and advertising publications.
- Monitoring and Evaluation; he/she monitors and evaluates the implementation of the marketing strategy, marketing plans, Brand Manual and product development plans.
- Perform any other duty as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Marketing), B.com (marketing) Tourism from a recognized University.
- He/she should possess a Master’s degree in Marketing.
- Possession of CIM qualification is a requirement.
- He/she must have at least eight years’ working experience in a marketing of a large and successful private or public Organization with 3 years at senior management level.
- Knowledge and skills in service marketing and tourism promotion is desired.
- Skills and Competencies: Media Channels, Client Relationships, Adaptability, Market Research, Analysis, Writing, Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communication, Leadership, People Management, Detail-Orientated, Multi-Tasking, Communication and presentation skills, Coordination skills, Planning and budgeting, Team building. Coordinating and networking at national and international level.
- Age: Below 45 years
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send their application letters with detailed Curriculum Vitae (functional email, telephone contact and postal address), plus copies of all academic certificates and transcripts, copy of valid National Identity Card and the contact details (telephone, postal and email addresses) of three competent referees should be sent by courier or hand delivered to the address below;
Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB),
Plot 42, Rotary Avenue (Lugogo Bypass),
6th Floor, Lugogo House,
P.O. Box 7211 Kampala,
Deadline: Friday 13th July 2018 by 5:00pm
NB: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.