Umeme Jobs in Uganda : Sap Finance & Controlling (Fi/Co) Support Analyst
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Umeme
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange with over 6,483 shareholders, including high value international institutional investors. Umeme operates under a concession with a structural monopoly in the distribution of electricity across Uganda, distributing 99% of electricity in Uganda through a single buyer model.
Job Summary: The SAP Finance & Controlling (FI/CO) Support Analyst will provide maintenance & support services to business process owners on the SAP Finance & Controlling module. The incumbent will continually review and improve business processes through the implementation of system enhancements to the SAP FI/CO environment. The job fulfils an integral role in the implementations of new functionality and applications. The incumbent must ensure that SAP FI/CO environment is maintained and supported in accordance with SAP best practices and that any enhancements are fit-for-purpose.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, design and deliver the processes required to support the Finance function.
- Ensure that appropriate service levels and quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure compliance to IT governance standards and procedures.
- Analyze and apply required configuration changes or development to fulfil change requests.
- Develop and review business cases, functional specifications, blue prints, and all other associated documentation.
- Establish and maintain regular meetings with different User Group representatives (management) to proactively encourage process and system improvements in line with the strategic objectives of the Umeme.
- Facilitate workshop sessions to determine requirements and possible changes to business processes.
- Keenly review and update business requirements documents and technical specifications documents on periodic basis.
- Maintain process designs (in Visio or any required modelling tool), technical specifications, Training manuals and Test packs to ensure all changes are reflected in all relevant documentation.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all technical documentation.
- Store all application and related documentation in a centralized repository for future knowledge transfer purposes.
- Receive a call logged via Help Desk for 2nd line support.
- Prioritize response in terms of the levels of severity.
- Attend to the user via phone or alternatively in person if required to resolve the problem.
- Close the call if the problem is solved and update the call logging applications accordingly.
- Escalate any unsolved problems to line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Umeme SAP Finance & Controlling (FI/CO) Support Analyst job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree
- SAP Certification in FI/CO
- Business/System Analysis Certification
- At least five years’ experience of working as a SAP Support Analyst specializing in SAP FI/CO
- Extensive experience in working within business solution teams performing IT application development and maintenance functions (planning, design, development, testing and implementation).
- Practical experience implementing new and supporting business specific IT solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- High level of technical competency
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with others
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to effectively facilitate workshops with business users/application vendors/etc. in order to jointly design a process or application solution.
- Time Management
- Honesty and Integrity
- Attention to detail
- Persistence, and the ability to follow through and bring tasks to completion
How to Apply
Deadline: 22nd June 2018 by 5:00 PM