Un Women Jobs in Uganda : Programme Associate, Monitoring & Evaluation
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: UN WOMEN
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Social Sciences
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Uganda has continued to accommodate refugees fleeing from surrounding countries in the region. Inflows of refugees from the conflict-ridden areas of South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of the Congo continued as of August 2017. A total of 1,021,903 South Sudanese arrived in Uganda (as per 31st August 2017, UNHCR) due to violence or persecution, 86% of whom are women and children.
Job Summary: The Programme Associate, Monitoring & Evaluation will provide substantive support to the planning, monitoring, reporting, evaluation, and Knowledge Management functions of the UN Women Uganda Country Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in the development, update, effective and efficient implementation of the programme and projects’ Monitoring and Evaluation plans;
- Assist in development of measurement and monitoring tools and identify data sources for programme and/or projects’ performance and impact indicators;
- Support establishment and coordination of effective mechanisms of monitoring the programme/projects’ implementation including development of evaluation processes, innovative approaches;
- Support preparation of the programme/project(s) Monitoring and Evaluation Plan capturing qualitative and quantitative aspects according to the annual work plans and log frame;
- Support the programme/project team with data management and identifying programmatic/project issues and prompt corrective actions to enhance the programme/project objectives;
- Support the development and testing of M&E methods, revise and assist in the implementation of recommendations to improve the efficiency of current monitoring systems;
- Prepare necessary M&E forms and format to capture necessary data and information from the field;
- Collect data from the relevant stakeholders and conduct data analysis to measure the performance(s) against the indicators and targets;
- Ensure that activities/events needed for monitoring are scheduled and responsibilities assigned;
- Collect monitoring evidence that the outputs are being produced as intended and efficient;
- Draft regular M&E programme/projects’ reports and assist the programme/projects’ reviews and evaluations;
- Support programme/projects’ teams in conducting surveys, studies, assessments and similar;
- Identify and formulate lessons learned and document best practices from evaluations and studies to be integrated into programme reports;
- Assist in the identification of potential implementation problems and bottlenecks and contribute to the common M&E activity of the UN Women Country Office;
- Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Serve as a focal person and liaise with M&E staff of the programme/projects and UNDP Country Office to ensure coordination of the unit within broader UN Women M&E activities and efforts;
- Contribute to regular capacity building of the programme/project(s) and CO staff on RBM, M&E and other relevant topics;
- Perform other M&E duties including across CO programmes as may be required and assigned by the supervisor(s), projects’ or UN Women management. Provide inputs in the elaboration of work plan;
- Support the programme/project team in the promotion of evaluation standards, quality assurance/control and capacity development;
- Ensure the maintenance of sound filing system and appropriate use and recording of programme/project’s experience, activities and results;
- Ensure that projects’ data are entered to the data management system (RMS, corporate intranet and similar), update project-related data on website, as needed;
- Ensure that information and data from the projects’ activities is captured, documented, analysed and reported in a results-based and timely manner;
- Assist in preparation of programme/project’s annual, semi-annual reports and other ad hoc reports;
- Provide inputs in developing the Annual Work Plans (AWPs), projects’ implementation plans, etc;
- Perform other reporting duties as may be required and assigned.
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the programme/project personnel;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN WOMEN Programme Associate, Monitoring & Evaluation job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Economics, Management, or related field;
- Additional certification in statistics, qualitative/quantitative research methods, data management, and Monitoring and Evaluation will be considered as an asset.
- At least three years of professional experience in the field of rights based monitoring and evaluation;
- Previous experience in Programme design, management, and implementation;
- Experience in implementing gender equality and women’s empowerment programmes or analytic work in gender and development, gender analysis and/or human rights;
- Experience in developing and implementing monitoring and reporting tools;
- Experience in reviewing and writing results-based donor reports;
- A proven ability to liaise with a myriad of stakeholders and partners, including government, civil society, international organizations and grassroots organizations;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- A relevant working experience in Uganda is added advantage.
- Language: Fluency in English; Knowledge of the Ugandan local languages is an asset.
Core Values: Respect for Diversity; Integrity; Professionalism.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Good knowledge of programme management;
- Good knowledge of rights-based approach and result-based management;
- Sound knowledge of international standards on human rights, women’s rights and related instruments;
- Demonstrated development/programming skills particularly those that are pertinent to UN Women strategic priorities on gender issues and women’s rights;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Ability to develop detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on them for development results;
- Strong IT skills;
- Strong analytical skills.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the United Nations WOMEN in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below. Please further review job requirements and if competent Click Apply Now.
Deadline: 1st December 2017