United Nations Children’s Fund Jobs in Uganda : Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Monitoring Jobs in Uganda
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the accomplishment of the stated key end-results by providing professional expertise and assistance in information/data collection, statistics and data analysis, monitoring & evaluation (M&E), preparation of reports, communication and partnership, and in implementing training programmes for national and sub-national data collection, monitoring, evaluation and research capacity building with special attention to the interest, concern and participation of primary stakeholders. This assignment will focus on monitoring of the programme supported by Irish Aid. The M&E Officer will contribute to improving reporting on the quality of education in Karamoja through quarterly monitoring of the programme and development of a data base of key indicators of the programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the DEO/DIS/ Principals of the 2 Primary Teacher Colleges in Karamoja region and provide training on field monitoring and reporting on the programme results.
- Support the M&E Officer in MZO to provide technical support to the District and MoES stakeholders to support preparation of the presentations to be used for the six monthly meeting reports.
- Actively participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action/interventions to achieve results in the 7 districts in the Karamoja region.
- Prepare regular program/project reports for management and partners to keep them informed of program progress.
- Support the development of the Irish Aid donor reports due for submission in April and October 2017 (including data collected and analyzed based on the Irish Aid results matrix from the districts and implementing partners).
- M&E Capacity Building: Provide technical support to ensure that the monitoring and evaluation capacities of Country Office staff and national partners – government and civil society – are strengthened enabling them to increasingly engage in and lead monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Actively contribute to the collaboration of an M&E capacity building strategy for national partners and institutions and corresponding activities for implementation in the context of the IMEP or UNDAF M&E plan. Provide technical support for implementation of capacity building strategies as a joint commitment with other developmental partners with special attention to the interest, concern and participation of primary stakeholders.
- Work in close consultation with senior managers, contribute to formulation of staff capacity development strategy and plans, and exercise effective leadership in implementing them, ensuring that Country Office staffs have the basic knowledge and skills to fulfil their monitoring and evaluation responsibilities, and training is planned and carried out to fill identified gaps.
- Promote and provide support to ensure that Country Office staff and national partners are aware of and have access to UNICEF monitoring and evaluation learning resources.
- Actively contribute to facilitate that Evaluation capacity of national partner organisations is strengthened through their involvement in evaluation processes and possibly through specific capacity building initiatives.
Key Result Areas:
- Integrated Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Planning (IMEP) is prepared and in place to provide strategic priority and realistic plan of activities for M&E.
- Timely monitoring and measurement of changes in conditions due to programme or policies in country or region are conducted with the participation of relevant partners and provided to the Country Office and national partners to facilitate national planning, and assess the impact of the programmes and policies, and report on the progress being made.
- Country Office Performance are systematically monitored and data for key indicators of the Annual Management Plan and management reports are collected, analyzed and made available to management and the Country Management Team.
- Evaluation is designed and carried out with quality process and products in line with priority and strategy. Evaluation findings, recommendations and reports are used to improve programme performance and are effectively disseminated to the intended audience. Major partners are kept abreast and/or contribute to these exercises as required.
- The monitoring and evaluation capacities of Country Office staff and national partners are strengthened, enabling them to increasingly engage in and lead monitoring and evaluation processes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations UNICEF Monitoring & Evaluation Officer job placement should a University degree in social sciences, development planning, planning, evaluation, survey implementation, advanced statistical research.
- Professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities as follows:
- A minimum of two years professional work experience at national level in regular or emergency education programme management, reviews, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of Project and Activity Evaluation.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Data Collection
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Evaluation Process Management, Follow-up on
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in demography, statistics, and data management.
- Methodology of M&E, theories, standards and models, quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods, validity/reliability testing of data, data analysis and interpretation, and statistical inference methods.
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Activity Monitoring & Evaluation, Evaluation Design, data analysis, and reporting.
- Gender equality and diversity awareness
- Knowledge/expertise of best practices, lessons learned and communication.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of UNICEF’s policies and procedures for programming, monitoring and evaluation guidelines.
- Latest programme monitoring and evaluation theory, methodology, technology and tools.
- Understanding of UN Mission and system; and International Code of Conduct.
- Understanding of UNICEF Mission Statement and observance of UNICEF Guiding Principles.
- UNICEF strategic framework for partnerships and collaborative relationships.
- Good analytical, advocacy, negotiating, written and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity
- Core Competencies: Communication, Drive for Results, Working with People
- Functional Competencies: Formulating Strategies and Concepts (I), Analyzing (II), Applying Technical Expertise (II), Planning and Organizing (II)
NB: UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. UNICEF is a smoke free environment.