United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Jobs in Uganda : Administrative Associate (Lcc Secretary)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda - Administrative Jobs in Uganda
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Administrative Associate (LCC Secretary) is mainly responsible for assisting the concerned manager in the implementation of general administrative and financial management tasks. S/he will work quite independently on regular assignments with an oversight from the supervisor, who will provide general guidance and work plans for identifying work priorities and appropriate approaches; work is controlled for meeting expected results and conformity to policy and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support to the Local Committee on Contracts as required the office: Constituting a quorum and notifying Members/Alternates of the date, time and place of meetings as covered by the Chairperson Circulating the agenda and documentation to the Committee
- Making any other necessary arrangements with respect to meetings and other responsibilities of the Committee, including related administrative matters
- Drafting and circulating the Minites of each meetings
- Maintaining a Committee on Contracts file with copy of all Submissions, Minutes and annual reports
- Maintaining the tracking table of Submissions and Decisions on an on-going basis, using Template B4
- Preparing periodic reports as required by the Committee
- As the Chair of the Bid Opening Committee, the LCC Secretary will also be: Sending out formal solicitation documents to interested suppliers through the neutral bidding e-mail
- Monitoring the closing date of tenders and scheduling the BOC on the day after closure
- Opening the financial envelopes together with the BOC members, initiating and date/time stamping each page of bids/offers
- Preparing the BOC report and distributing it together with the technical offers to the TEC, informing Supply Based on the TEC report, opening the financial envelopes of suppliers who successfully passed the technical evaluation
- Preparing the BOC report and providing it together with the financial offers to Supply Managing the receipt and distribution of samples, if applicable
- Performs any other duties as required by the supervisor
- Prepares, updates, maintains inventory records of non-expendable equipment. Orders and controls stationery supplies
- Keenly monitors, controls and ensures proper implementation of assistance projects, processes and prepares related transactions, financial and administrative documents and maintains contacts with IPs and authorities, regarding UNHCR’s projects.
- Organize meetings with IPs to evaluate financial performance.
- Briefs both international and national personnel on general administrative matters, provides advice and ensures administrative support as required.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Analyses and maintains an overview of the work of the office to ensure that timely administrative support is provided in general and specialised areas.
- Perform personnel administration tasks including interpretation and processing entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Administrative Associate (LCC Secretary) job opportunity should have completed Secondary Education with post-secondary courses/training/diploma in Accounting or Business Administration., Commerce or Advanced Training in Finance;
- At least eleven years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Knowledge of UNHCR/UN administrative and financial rules and regulations;
- Good computer skills (MS office and People soft applications)
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- In offices where the working language is not English
- Excellent knowledge of UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English
- Excellent drafting skills
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP Finance and EPM Budget applications. Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
How to Apply
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 21st May 2018