United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe Jobs in Uganda : Finance Assistant
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Entebbe, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
The Regional Service Centre Steering Committee is the decision-making body for RSCE, in compliance with General Assembly resolutions, United Nations Secretariat rules and regulations, strategic guidance from United Nations Headquarters and oversight bodies. The Steering Committee consults with the Global Field Support Strategy Implementation Coordination Team, as required.
The Regional Service Centre, as approved by the Member States, is owned, managed and staffed by the regional missions it serves. This framework reinforces the existing missions’ chain of command structures and lines of authority in a manner that does not create an additional layer between Headquarters and the regional missions. It also ensures that staffing for RSC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists and supports in the computation of staff and non-staff members’ entitlements including claims, danger pay, daily subsistence allowance, mission subsistence allowance, voluntary living allowance and any other allowances for payments.
- Assists with the processing of incoming/outgoing interoffice vouchers (IOVs), interoffice billings (IOBs) and intermission billings (IMBs) from/to HQs, agencies, funds, programs and other field missions.
- Assists in the processing of bank reconciliation on a daily basis.
- Verifies that relevant supporting documents have been provided and certified by a duly designated certifying officer for goods and services received, for payments of staff entitlements, travel claims, Agencies etc. to ensure conformity and adherence to applicable United Nations policies such as staff rules, financial regulations and rules, ST/AI issuances or practices, IPSAS policy framework; communicates discrepancies to supervisors.
- Assists with the maintenance of records of incoming and outgoing cash in the cashier’s imprest account; monitors cheque stock and cash receipt for replenishments.
- Assists in the preparation of year-end reports for the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF) on all pension contributions made by locally-recruited staff
- Assists in the preparation of supporting documents (narrative and supporting tables) with respect to finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals.
- Assists in preparation of budget performance submission documents (narrative and supporting tables) reviewing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Assists and processes the Centre’s redeployment of fund requests under the supervision of the Team Leader.
- Assist with the generation of financial reports.
- File and archive documents as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Finance Assistant job placement should hold have completed a High School Diploma
- Technical or vocational certificate in the field of finance, accounting or business administration is highly desirable.
- At least four years of experience in accounting, financial management, administrative services or related area is required.
- Solid knowledge of SAP and UMOJA is desirable.
- Experience in the administration of a broad range of Allowances and Payments using and ERP/SAP is required.
- Experience in application of Financial Rules and Regulations in an operational, shared services environment in the United Nations or similar International Organization is desirable.
- Language: Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates excellent knowledge of all forms of finance-related activities; thorough knowledge of finance and accounting systems; ability to work independently in managing difficult situations; proven analytical and evaluative skills. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
NB: The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (Application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications with the following documents:
The United Nations Personal History form (P-11), Download Here; This should be signed
Proof of required academic certificates i.e. Academic Certificate(s) and/or High School/Secondary Diplomas
Latest performance evaluation reports / appraisals
The applicants with the completed documents are strongly encouraged to apply via e-mail and must include the Vacancy Announcement Number (check beginning of this advert) and Job Title to: [email protected]
Deadline: 22nd February 2019