United Nations World Food Programme Jobs in Uganda : Monitoring Assistant
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Food Programme (WFP)
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies; Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets; Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health; and Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets. WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Monitoring Assistant will take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities related to monitoring that require some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. The incumbent will coordinate and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, resolving routine issues and escalating where appropriate, to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Collect and summarise assistance programme(s) data, collaborating with cooperating partners where required, conduct analysis and prepare reports in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes.
- Arrange for regular meetings with community leaders and cooperating partners on commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements and other relevant issues to support effective communication flow and efficient operations.
- Allocate tasks to other staff, providing guidance and on-the-job training to support their development and high performance.
- Provide standard trainings for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to independently self-monitor and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Monitoring Assistant job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Nutrition, Agriculture, Commerce, ICT related or any other related field;
- At least three years of relevant working experience in either of the following fields, agriculture production, relief, humanitarian intervention, statistics, social administration and community mobilization;
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word;
- Good knowledge and skills using data management packages;
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals;
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention;
- Previous experience in collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
- Has experience utilizing WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
- Language: General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and any of the Karamojong languages used at the duty station is a MUST
- Strategic Management: Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.
- Performance Management: Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.
- Qualitative/Quantitative Methodology: Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.
- Data Analytics and Visualization: Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.
- Programme Monitoring and Review: Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
How to Apply
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 27th January 2019