Waiters at K Hotels
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: K Hotels
- Location: Uganda
- State: Entebbe, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel & Tourism Jobs in Uganda
K Hotels is a newly-opened intimate boutique hotel in Entebbe town, within close proximity of the Central Business District, with convenient access to all parts of the city, and essential social amenities, like shopping centres, prime residential, international diplomatic neighbourhoods, and international schools in the heart of the Entebbe city. K Hotels is known to have East Africa’s most prestigious and well-furnished modern hotel with 48 luxury rooms and exceptional amenities. It is owned by K Holdings Entebbe Limited.
Job Summary: The Waiter will be providing excellent wait service to ensure satisfaction. Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages. The incumbent will be making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing additional information with restaurant patrons.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Profound knowledge of menu.
- Should be able to take accurate food and drink orders using a POS system and communicate order details to the kitchen staff as needed.
- Assist diners with ordering by answering menu questions or making recommendations.
- Stay up to date on any menu changes and daily specials
- Check in with diner’s to make sure they are enjoying their meals and correct any problems
- Should maintain a neat and clean dining area.
- Serve food and drink orders to guests.
- Present and pour wine selections with the appropriate stemware
- Clear away dirty plates, glassware, flatware and linens and clean tables after diners have finished
- Deliver checks and process bill payments.
- Inform guests about restaurant customer loyalty program, or any other specials and promotions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Waiter job must hold a Certificate or diploma in catering and hotel management or its equivalence.
- Two years’ experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel or busy restaurant
- Good proficiency of English language.
- Speed and accuracy.
- Knowledge about using the POS.
- Ability to sell to customer needs and flexibility.
- Team player.
- Should have basic skills on using the POS. system
- Knowledge of the Indian cuisine is an added advantage.
NB: The Waiters will be working in shifts
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs with passport-size photo via email to [email protected] with the subject line quoted as “Waiter.” Please kindly indicate where you currently stay in the cover letter.
Deadline: 10th July 2019