Welthungerhilfe Jobs in Uganda : Accountant – Partner Projects
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), founded in 1962, is today one of the biggest Non- Governmental Aid and development agencies in Germany. We campaign against worldwide hunger and for sustainable food and nutrition security by promoting site-appropriate farming, establishing access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene, improving healthcare and education for people living in rural areas as well as promoting skills development for youth, in Uganda,
Job Summary: The Accountant – Partner Projects will mainly manage the Partner Project’s accounting and financial controlling.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Partner Projects and Projects Accounting
- Assist assigned partner project in compiling finance reports and check on partner’s other administrative and reporting requirements as well on regular basis
- Perform administrative and human roles in the office
- Capacity building and support of implementing partners through training and ensure that all partners have an in-depth understanding of the financial procedures and are equipped to apply it
- Coordinating with the partner accountants and cashiers on cash flow management and controls
- Provide support in partner project annual/monthly financial planning
- Draft financial reports to Donors
- Maintain accounting related data based on the current accounting software
- Prepare vouchers for book keeping and indicate their cost classification
- Verify correctness of vouchers including supporting documents
- Prepare financial weekly updates, monthly reports and any other reports as requested
- Receivable and Payable management monitor invoices and follow up on outstanding issues and balances
- Ensuring timely planning of external audits as required together with the head of the partner project
- Processing payments to vendors, suppliers and service providers of partner requirements
- Ensuring proper filing system is in place for all accounting documents and files
- Preparation, review and dispatch of reports to Country office.
- Control Financial Transactions of Partner Projects
- Monitor the cash flow situation and fund requests of the Partner project
- Verify the correctness of the cash book and bank book transactions and report correctness
- Verify the numerical correctness of contracts and execute payments
- Monitor the Partner project compliance on deductions and payment of statutory taxes
- Provide necessary documents and reports for internal controlling
- Assist the Partner Project’s Financial Management
- Provide necessary documents for the partner projects financial planning, accountability policies and procedures
- Immediately report all problems involving finances and regulations
- File all important documents regarding the partner project’s accounting and finances
- Assist prepare financial declarations to the authorities
- Assist the Project Manager in any other task if need
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or
- At least three years of experience working with donor funded programs and partner NGOs
- Proven experience in Finance Management with good knowledge of preparation of donor reports
- Proven experience in use of Computerized Financial software and accounting programs
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with an international NGO.
- Proven experience working in a supervisory position
- Previous experience of working independently and result-oriented
- Team work, flexibility and willingness to travel extensively to the different project locations
- Demonstrated personal accountability and drive to serve others.
- Strong organizational, planning and time-management skills, detail- oriented
- Information dissemination skills, ability to understand, explain and contextualize
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Able to analyze problems and design solutions at strategic and functional levels.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- High integrity and willingness to conduct her/himself transparently
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications with a detailed CV contact detail including telephone numbers of reference persons (max. 3 pages) and a one-page motivation letter by hand to Welthungerhilfe Arua Office
Deadline: 20th February 2019 by 05:00pm.