World Health Organisation Jobs in Uganda : National Professional Officer (International UN Jobs)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
The World Health Organisation (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations (UN) system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide WHO support to MoH for effective engagement with other sectors, development partners and agencies in policy dialogue, strategic planning and health systems reform
- Support capacity building in MoH and other relevant ministries in a. policy dialogue, design, implementation and M&E in the context of Universal Health Coverage (UHC) health economics analyses, national and sub-national health accounts; economic viability analysis of health financing schemes, efficiency and equity measurements, etc.
- Assist the MOH in the area of generation and utilization of evidence and implementation of the Algiers Declaration on Research for Health in the African Region
- Offer technical support to MOH in the development of the health component of National Development Plans and Health Sector Strategic and Investment Plans
- Costing of National Health Strategic Plan and program using relevant tools such as One Health Tool.
- Development of a comprehensive health financing strategy
- Tasked with the design and implementation of pro-poor financing mechanisms, design and application of effective and efficient resource allocation and resource utilization mechanisms.
- In charge of the preparation of health sector and programme investment plans for scaling up pro-poor interventions
- Institutionalization of National Health Accounts
- Comprehensive health sector budgeting and planning
- Tasked with the preparation of proposals for funding from global financing/health initiatives
- Provide support to MOH and other ministries in their effort to advocate for health and its contribution to national development and in advancing the Investment Case for the health sector
- Offer technical expertise at the national level through the Harmonization for Health in Africa (HHA) and support the implementation of the HHA Action Plan 2013-2015
- Perform any other duties assigned by WR
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the United Nations World Health Organization (WHO) National Professional Officer job should hold an MBChB, Dentistry, Pharmacy or related science degree from a recognised University.
- A Master’s Degree or PhD in Health Economics or related relevant field is desired.
- At least three years of relevant experience in Health Economics at national level, health financing, costing, cost analysis, conducting efficiency studies, equity analysis, monitoring and evaluation of health programmes.
- Good understanding of the Uganda Health System, macro-aspects of the national economy, health financing issues in Uganda and their impact on health development and the population in general.
- Previous experience with international organisation or previous programme work with a UN agency is an added advantage.
- Skills: Demonstrated team work, excellent communication and writing skills; Demonstrated advanced level skills in various computer packages including Word Processing, Data Management and costing of health services.
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
All candidates who so desire to join the United Nations World Health Organisation (WHO) by sending their online applications to enable WHO to store their personal profiles in a permanent database. Visit WHO’s e-recruitment website below and follow the instructions for online application procedures.
NB: All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
Deadline: 26th June 2018