World Vision International Jobs in Uganda : Child Protection Assistant
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Vision International
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda - Social Sciences
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Child Protection Assistant will mainly facilitate the implementation of Early Childhood Development activities and child friendly spaces, including community engagements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Motivate and ensure teamwork among case workers, CFS and ECD animators for greater ministry impact, in the community.
- Support community based child protection and education systems, children groups and stake holders in advocating for child protection, participation, and psychosocial care within the CFSs/ECDs.
- Facilitate the integration of social cohesion activities with within the refugee settlements and host communities.
- Handle visitors including donors, support office and national office staff, stakeholders, in line with the child protection policy and behavioral protocol.
- Work with children, foster families and communities to design and deliver support for children in their communities and at the child friendly spaces according to the agreed plan of actions.
- Provide information for projects design, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Mobilize community meetings with children and key stakeholders at all implementation levels
- Build the capacity of case workers, CFS/ECD caregivers and animators
- Facilitate case management, and data collection in line with the required and approved standards at the CFS/ECD centres
- Collect and compile statistical data and information regarding caregivers, community members and children participation in activities at the CFSs/ECD centres and children clubs.
- Supervise CFS/ECD implementation as per the minimum children in emergencies protection standards.
- Facilitate community to establish systems aimed at strengthening community capacity in responding to SBGV and child abuse cases in the refugee settlements.
- Mobilise communities to identify children with disabilities and also model families for the projects implementation.
- Facilitate activity implementation to ensure highest quality standards and accountability based on the IASC and WVI standards.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual project management reports and submit them to the relevant authorities
Technical and Capacity Building
- Mentor and build the capacity of children, community caregivers, animators/Caregivers, community structures in child protection, positive parenting, peaceful coexistence and the learning frame work using approved approached and models.
- Support communities, community structures, animators, partners and children in maintaining the minimum standards for child participation and care.
- Develop tools to manage data and information collection and analysis in establishing and maintaining a Monitoring and Evaluation adherences
- Document impact and success stories evidenced with quality pictures to share milestone with staff, partners and donors
- Regular updates and monitoring of the CFS/ECD to ensure technical support is given in regard to play equipment and materials as per the global minimum standards.
- Facilitate communities to fully participate in project activities for enhanced community ownership, peaceful coexistence and sustainability.
- Facilitate advocacy forums led by children on issues affecting them. The forums are aimed at awareness creation and sensitization of communities
Partnership, Networking & Advocacy:
- Represent the organization in settlement sector meetings and cluster coordination meetings giving updates and progress of implementation and establish strategic partnerships with other organizations.
- Establish and liaise closely with other partners, agencies and local leaders regarding project activities to ensure a coordinated approach to project implementation, including participation in relevant workshops, meetings and keep the coordinator informed
- Develop a network of information gathering relevant to child protection, participation and psychosocial operations.
- Establish appropriate contacts with local counterparts at the Counties and district level
Financial Management Budget control and Monitoring
- Prepare concepts notes, project activity budgets, expenditure, preparation of activity quarterly financial and narrative reports as per the grant guidelines. and submit them within the agreed timeframes.
- Preparation of payment, advance and purchase requests for appropriate project transactions in line with approved M&E documents.
- File all accountability and attendance lists in line with audit requirements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision Child Protection Assistant job placement should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, education, community psychology, business administration or any equivalent.
- One year of experience in working with refugees, peace building basic education and nutrition
- Must be ready to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of implementation on child friendly spaces, peace building, education in emergencies and psychosocial care
- Appropriate communication skill and approachable
- Must have no history of violation of child protection in emergencies
How to Apply
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 7th December 2018