World Vision International Jobs in Uganda : Driver – UPLIFT Project
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Vision International
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Driver – UPLIFT Project will drive authorized UPLIFT project passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the Project vehicle regularly and act accordingly in line with World Vision policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive project authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle usage policy.
- Deliver project packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with World Vision policies.
- Check project vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third Party Insurance, brakes, tyre pressure etc prior to any journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs e.g. correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, etc in line with World Vision policy.
- Monitor the security of project vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on project vehicle at hand to the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle policies.
- Prepare and submit project vehicle monthly reports in line with the World Vision Vehicle Policy.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Driver UPLIFT vacancy should preferably hold an O’ level certificate.
- Holds a valid driving permit.
- At least three years of driving experience.
- Ability to prioritize work in relation to need and urgency.
- A working knowledge of fax machine, photocopier, computer and telephone preferred.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 14th November 2018