Compliance Officer at World Health Organization
- Company: World Health Organization
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Uganda
Risk management is embedded in all aspectsof WHO activities from strategy development to day to-day operations across theOrganization. In the development of policies, procedures and operational plansunder each of the pillars, risks or events that may damage the reputation ofthe Organization or affect its ability to achieve its objectives are assessedand mitigation measures are considered. In addition, in the conduct of theirday-to-day activities, managers and staff identify, assess, prioritize, andcontrol risks within their areas of responsibility with the aim to minimize,monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of adverse events or tomaximize the realization of opportunities.
Description Of Duties
Serve as the Country Office focalpoint for risk management and compliance initiatives (such as the risk registerand the internal control self-assessment check-list), to coordinate theirimplementation in the country office and support the senior management in thepreparation of feedback to AFRO/HQs concerning such initiatives, as wellrepresent the country office in the WHO compliance network;2.UsingCompliance monitoring tools identify internal constraints which underminecompliance within WCO’s programmes and operations, and propose correctivemeasures, review the current approaches available on assessing, measuring, andmitigating risks.3. Work closely with operations manager to review internal and external audit reportsin order to; understand riskand compliance findings by Auditors, identify systemic issues, compliance related findings andrecommendations; follow up and track progress the implementation of auditrecommendations; generate lessons learned from audit reports and bring theseinto the overall compliance and risk management.4. Recommend appropriate tools tosystematically record, monitor and report on a wide range of organizationalrisk areas; facilitate securing of internal support to mitigate identifiedrisks.5. Using the tools introduced by HQ/CREpropose risk mitigation and compliance measures in key organizational areas,including inter alia procurement, human resources, finance and security incollaboration with the primary focal points of these respective units.6. Regularly monitor and report to AFRO onthe status of the risk register and be alert to emerging internal risks, aswell as the effectiveness of the instituted risk measures; coordinate with thebudget center to ensure timely submission of Risk Register and Internal Controlchecklists.7. Support the development of internalcapacity building for risk management at the country office; and participate inthe development oftrainingtools in risk management and complianceapplicable to the different audiences in the country office in order to fostera culture of risk management and compliance as well as raise staff awareness onthe fundamental principles ofWHO/AFRO’s administrative framework and internal control mechanisms.8. Perform any other activities asassigned by the Head of Country Office and Senior Management.
Essential: University degree in businessadministration, public administration, international business, finance, law,economics or related field.
Desirable: Master’s degree in business administration,public administration, international business, finance, law, economics orrelated field
Essential: At least 5 years of combined relevant experience at thenational level in complex organizations, in areas under general management andadministration, internal control frameworks and related monitoring processesand systems.
Desirable: Previous experience in a compliance/auditfunction is an asset.
- >Extensive knowledge of WHO administrative rules, proceduresand systems and understanding of the complex interrelationship of factors,rules and systems which lead to non-compliance.–>Demonstrated solid analytical skills.–>Ability to interpret policy and apply correctly.–>High level of integrity and ability to maintainconfidentiality and exercise judgment with respect to sensitive information.Good communication and presentation skills
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at UGX 176,233,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 4 August, 2020