Early Grade Reading Officers – Gulu, Uganda – ICYD Activity at Education Development Center
- Company: Education Development Center
- Location: Uganda
- State: Gulu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
Essential functions include (but not limited to):
• Contribute to the design and development of teacher training, coaching, and other technical materials to improve reading instruction, including in the use of distance education methodologies to support EGR.
• Coordinate the adaptation of teacher training, coaching, and other materials for reading instruction and lead their validation at the zonal level as needed.
• Manage roll out of training activities related to EGR at zonal and district levels.
• Support the ICYD Activity and zonal offices, PTCs, and other stakeholders in order to effectively utilize technology for in-service and pre-service teacher professional development.
• Coordinate closely with Zonal Preservice Education Officers to align and integrate preservice and inservice teacher support activities.
• Work with ICYD Activity staff, zonal staff, schools, and communities to support the continual improvement of ICDY Activity implementation, based on performance monitoring data.
• Support and participate in key EGR activities such as the Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA).
• Collaborate effectively with the government partners.
• Ensure linkages and synergy around reading and writing instruction across the Intermediate Results, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning, and Cross Cutting Areas of the program.
• Provide technical monitoring input for grants to organizations implementing Accelerated Education programming in the target zones.
• Coordinate at the zonal level with private sector entities supporting the Activity.
• Contribute to quarterly and annual reports, success stories and other communications.
• Support ME&L staff in tracking, monitoring, and evaluating activities in the assigned zones.
• Contribute to organizing, planning, and facilitating training and other ICDY Activity-related activities.
• Actively participate in Collaborative, Learning and Adapting (CLA) processes in place within the project.
• Other related duties as assigned.
The candidate for the position of EGR Officer shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to education with a specialty in early grade reading or another pedagogically oriented specialty.
• A minimum of 5 to 6 years of progressively responsible technical experience EGR programs in both English and Local Language.
• Recognized expertise in EGR in both English and Local Languages/Mother Tongue.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of teacher professional development.
• Experience developing materials for EGR in both English and Local Language; experience designing teacher training programs for pre-service and in-service highly desired.
• Experience in working with MoES officials including Primary Teachers’ Colleges (PTCs) and Local Governments (Districts, Cities and Municipalities) in conducting EGR training.
• Proven ability to coordinate and manage teams.
• Knowledge, skills, and experience in conducting Early Grade Reading Assessments (EGRA).
• Expertise in policy for early-grade reading reform highly desired.
• Fluency in English and knowledge of Lëb Acoli, and Lëblaŋo is preferred.
• Job application closing date: July 1, 2022
• Applications submitted without a resume or CV will not be reviewed.
• Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls, please.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th July. 2022