Finance Officer at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will on a monthly basis support the Area and Country offices in internal reporting and account analysis. Perform accounts payable accounting function including receiving and matching invoices, account coding, preparation of disbursements and accounts payable related record keeping.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Area Manager in Kyangwali in day to day reconciliations and financial analysis
- Provides assistance in timely monthly closing and ensuring Area Offices are able to close on agreed upon deadlines
- Review financial reports and documents from the field offices and insure that they are timely received.
- Work closely with logistic department to insure that asset register is updated regularly and match physical assets.
- Prepare a trip report for each assignment and submit to Finance Coordinator and Finance Manager.
- Provide training and support to finance and non-finance staff regarding generally accepted financial procedures and NRC internal controls.
- Assist in yearend closing and audit document preparation
- Participate in and facilitate country finance workshops and training as required;
- Maintain open communication with Finance, program staff and others for all financial clarifications
- In collaboration with AM and Field Coordinator development of area master support budget
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Finance Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting.
- At least five years of relevant experience.
- Three (3) years’ progressive experience in financial management, budget monitoring, audit compliance, and risk management.
- Familiar with3 year of INGO experience is a plus.
- CPA2 qualification is added advantage.
- Knowledge of Aggresso is added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail
- Very strong financial analysis skills
- High integrity
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work
How to Apply
All interested and qualified Ugandan candidates who wish to join one of the world’s leading relief organisations, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) should apply by visiting the web link below.
Deadline: 27th November 2019