Finance Officer at Uganda Development Bank Limited
- Company: Uganda Development Bank Limited
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda - Uganda Development Bank Jobs in Uganda
The jobholder shall ensure smooth finance operations whilst also ensuring that the Bank honors all requisite statutory and supplier obligations in line with agreed/acceptable standards.
The Finance Officer is responsible for administering smooth finance operations, including initiating, and verifying payments, maintaining the financial records and information for management use, in accordance with all applicable Policies, Procedures and practices of the Bank
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare necessary entries for monthly expensing of prepayments, accruals, and provisions.
• Input data into the bank’s accounting system.
• Prepare Journal entries into the bank’s core banking system.
• Prepare reconciliations of GL accounts.
• Prepare required analysis schedules for expenses, income, assets and liabilities
• Compile the monthly statutory returns and ensure that payment of taxes (incl. PAYE, VAT, WHT, LST) and NSSF are submitted to the respective bodies in time.
• Regular reconciliation of customer loan accounts.
• Post entries into the Fixed Asset Register.
• Process invoices for all business partners and reconcile business partner accounts.
• Processing of disbursements and ensuring proper documentation is maintained on client’s file.
• Participate in both external and internal auditors by provision of the necessary schedules, explanations, and information.
• Keep an up-to-date record of taxes, payments, accruals and advance rental income, and book respective expenses and revenues as they fall due.
• Any other adhoc duties assigned by manager finance and Senior manager finance.
level of authority
Process business partner invoices Prepare Tax returns
Internally: All UDB Departments
• A good degree preferably in commerce/business studies/economics or any other numerate fields
• At least 4 years’ working experience in a related job in a financial institution or an Audit Firm.
• Professional qualifications such as ACCA, CPA is a must.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st Jan. 2022