Out-grower Manager at KAMP Group Limited
- Company: KAMP Group Limited
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Uganda
KAMP Group Limited operates animal feeds milling plant situated in Anaka town, Nwoya district and a distribution centre in Kisaasi, Kyanja in Kampala district. It specifically produces broiler feeds (starter, grower, and finisher); layer feeds (starter, grower, and finisher); pig feeds; goat feeds; rabbit feeds; and cattle feeds. The company currently purchases maize and soybean from a network of 2,000 small holder farmers and some aggregators in Nwoya and its neighbouring districts. The company now seeks enhance its out-grower model by growing the number of smallholder farmers. To achieve this ambitious growth, it seeks to hire an Out-grower Manager to manage its Outgrower model. The selected candidate will work to increase raw material production and supply, ensure coordination, trainings, registration extension support, of producers to ensure a steady growth of the company supply chain; with a clear linkage between farmers and the company.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To increase raw material production and supply, ensure coordination, trainings, registration extension support, of producers to ensure a steady growth of the company supply chain; with a clear linkage between farmers and the company.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop a technical package to offer to farmers to enable them supply to the company, based on agro-ecological and farmer organizational development realities
2. Prepare activity plan, work plan including, budget and time lines. Carry out profiling of farmers with the aim of strengthening farmer groups and development of farmer networks up to village level. Determination of actual land available for agriculture in the agreed area and land available for both maize and soybean.
3. Determine current output per acre for both maize and soybean and carry out activities that will increase farmer output per acre through implementing, training and advising farmers on best agronomic practices particularly in post-harvest and storage of grain.
4. Sign contracts/supply agreements with all producers interested in supplying Kamp Group
5. Set up and manage demonstration sites, collection centers and offer extension support.
6. Work out the items to be provided by the company to farmers and the necessary arrangements to ensure optimum supply of raw materials. These may include pesticides, fertilizers/manure, seeds, drying and post-harvest equipment and training, soil texture and related crops suitable for each type, prevention of aflatoxin, storage and control of contamination
7. Work out a mechanism to understand the structures of the existing groups; Watwero group and those supported by Hunger project, with a view to establishing organizational and institutional gaps, which can be addressed in order to increase their capacity to supply to the company.
8. Develop an out-grower management system to ensure timely sharing of information. Particularly setting up farmer and field reporting systems.
9. Increasing the network of small holder farmers from 2,000 to 4,000 suppliers by third year and to 6,000 by year 5 of the investment.
10. Increasing purchases of grain from small holder farmers to agreed target
11. Any other duty as demanded by the job.
1. Registered new and existing farmers.
2. Enrollment of eligible farmers
3. Conducting diverse trainings for the enrolled farmers.
4. Updated and well-maintained database of existing farmers that tracks out-grower activities and related training
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Agriculture extension
At least 3 years extension work experience with rural farmers, agronomical practices and any such related activities. Demonstrable experience in conducting of trainings and carrying negotiations with farmer groups, will be an added advantage
The job duration is 12 months and is renewable based on overall performance.
All applications must be submitted to the company via email below Closing date for receipt of applications will be 27th March, 2023.
Any candidate who tries to influence the recruitment process shall be immediately disqualified.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Human Resource Manager.
Human Resource Manager
KAMP GROUP LIMITED
P.O Box 9113 Kampala,
Tel: 0761298400 [email protected]