Human Resource & Administration Officer at International Rescue Committee
- Company: International Rescue Committee
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Jobs in Uganda
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, the HR/Admin Officer will support the affairs related to the day to day running of the IRC Uganda office in Kiryandongo and is the focal person providing key support on all HR functions. The Human Resource/Admin Officer will assist in the human resources activities including recruitment and orientation, personnel files, staff benefits and insurance schemes, timesheets and payroll.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and On-boarding
- Initiate and coordinate all the recruitment requests and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the policy.
- Prepare and post all job advertisements for all vacant positions in appropriate channels and ensure wide and appropriate distribution, this includes e-filing of application and sending out HR communications.
- Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
- Maintain an organized recruitment resource database and bi-weekly update the recruitment status report and send it to all managers on a weekly basis
- Organize interviews and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the IRC policy
- Liaise with hiring managers and field HR/Admin staff to ensure new staff are oriented upon hire in all IRC offices. Includes providing pre-assignment information, orienting employee to the IRC Way in the office.
- Preparing and track offer letters and employment contracts.
- Prepare CoS (Change of Status) forms as required and draft/track Staff Contracts, termination forms/notifications.
- Ensure internal equity is maintained for staff compensation and benefits and advice programs leads accordingly.
- Ensure staff understand their benefits package and lead an effective administration of the benefits.
- Maintain accurate and up to date personnel records of all employees including orderly archiving.
- Ensure the IRC way violations are captured, reported, and followed through on a monthly basis.
- Support the management of IRC Uganda’s HRIS system and ensuring that it is accurate and maintained up to date.
- Support the maintenance of all talent acquisition and management processes in Cornerstone and the HRIS as assigned, to ensure 100% data integrity.
- Act as a point of contact for all Cornerstone enquiries for Kiryandongo.
- Capacity building employees, management in use of Cornerstone and the HRIS.
- Support Payroll process for national staff, as required.
- Coordinate timely performance appraisals and maintain an updated PME database for all staff in coordination with the other field HR leads
- Ensure that performance evaluations for all staff are conducted on time, and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consistency
- Collate training needs from the PME and ensure that they are captured in the Annual learning and development plan.
Health Insurance Management
- Coordinate the national staff health insurance scheme ensuring timely and accurate reports from the service provider.
- Ensure all staff and eligible dependents are registered on to the medical insurance scheme, monitor staff medical coverage and ensure that the scheme is functioning well.
- Liaise with the health service provider to resolve any issues with the services.
- Follow up on all medical insurance matters for staff including adding and deleting staff to/from the employer’s liability and the medical and hospitalization insurance policy schemes as well as follow up on payments and claims.
- Process and track all termination paperwork for all national staff including preparation of termination notice letters in relation to closing grants and restructuring.
- Work closely with supervisors to ensure exit interviews are offered to all staff and data is captured in the online exit survey to ensure a learning and reflective culture in the country program.
- Ensure that staff are removed from the Health Insurance scheme and GPA schemes accordingly
- Develop and maintain reports to update and finalize terminal benefits
- Perform other duties as needed or requested by the HR/Admin Manager or the HR Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a University Degree, higher diploma in Human Resources or similar professional qualification
- At least three years of relevant professional experience in human resources
- Strong knowledge and experience of HRISs, and ideally in supporting others to use HRIS
- Extensive knowledge and experience of managing a payroll, preferably for more than 400 employees
- Previous experience working with an international NGO in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the HR sector
- Previous experience in using ProMISe HRMIS is an advantage
- Strong experience in a human resource support role
- Ability to analyse and interpret numerical data and processes
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality of HR information
- Ability to use judgement to determine when to deal with a query to conclusion or when to pass to another member of the team
- Organised and methodical and with good attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to work within a multi-site, international organisation
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work towards a resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office packages – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to coach and support others
Method of Application
Closing Date : 10th July 2020