Learning and Communications Officer at GOAL
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: GOAL
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
GOAL is currently seeking to hire competent persons to join our Uganda team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an extremely dynamic International NGO and to use your skills. If you are familiar with working within the international development aid sector and have a strong background in the areas mentioned, then you are the one we are looking for!
All positions are contingent to funding.
Learning and Communications Officer
About the Role: The Learning and Communications Officer (LCO) will drive and support the external and internal communication of learning from – and impact of – GOAL Uganda’s programming. This will be achieved through developing a variety of multimedia products for internal and external audiences, and managing an accessible library of resources which are easily navigable by all GU teams. The postholder will be expected to coordinate a diverse communications portfolio, contribute to communications strategy, lead on special projects such as programmatic impact reports, and liaise with other organisations when necessary. This is an exciting communications opportunity for a confident writer who wants to engage with a wide range of technical areas relevant to poverty eradication and global development in both emergency and development contexts. Reporting to the Deputy Programme Director – MEAL, the Learning and Communication Officer will also work closely with the Communications Coordinator, creating synergy and continuity across key programme areas. The post holder will be creative and energetic, with experience in bringing about positive changes in the way teams develop, manage and use information and learning to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences
- Support the implementation of a GU Communications Plan, working closely with MEAL and Programme teams, and covering both internal and external communications;
- Work with MEAL and Programme teams, Global Technical Advisors and others to convert data/workshop notes/interviews/complex technical documents into well-written and engaging content suitable for a range of audiences.
- Coordinate with SMT, MEAL and Programme teams and solicit input into regular internal and external communication outputs
- Provide training and capacity building to Programme staff as needed on development/production of content for communication materials
- Produce high-quality communication materials such as learning briefs, case studies, success/challenge stories, newsletters, blogs, photo journals and videos reflective of all GU programme areas
- Produce quarterly GU message sheets and share with GOAL HQ and SMT
- Act as an information bridge between the Communications Team in GOAL HQ and GU
- Serve as the focal point for information requests on programmatic learning;
- Review, adapt and edit resources in coordination with relevant colleagues (e.g. Programmes, MEAL, HR, others) to respond to requests for information from a range of partners and donors
- Support the implementation of a GU social media plan, with regular updates to GU’s social media platforms
- Manage communication material supplies and replenishment
- Support the DPD MEAL and ACDP to develop guidelines and templates to document learning across GU programmes
- Liaise and work closely with HQ MEAL team in using standardised tools and guidelines
- Provide support on ensuring that learning is incorporated into programmatic policy development.
- Act as a focal point for the development of any new organisational resources on programmatic learning.
- Continually investigate the use of new approaches (including new technologies) for improving programmatic learning.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Mass Communication or Communication
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a role which involves producing reports or other written documentation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills incl. the ability to represent numeric, financial or other information visually and in simple language.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to summarise large sets of data and technical information into concise and tailored reports for various target groups.
- Excellent ability in use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and aptitude to learn to use new software.
- Experience in communications design software such as InDesign
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills and ability to proof documents to an international standard
- Relevant communications / media degree
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple, simultaneous demands and able to work in a fluid environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrable, relevant experience in an international NGO and/or in developing countries.
- Proficiency in PowerBI highly desirable
- Specific technical knowledge or experience of INGO approaches, thematic areas or countries.
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a global team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
General description of the country programme:
First operational in Uganda in 1979, the current GOAL Uganda country programme focuses on Health (including WASH, Health Accountability and Nutrition programming); and a market based systems approach to improving agricultural livelihoods and WASH. GOAL Uganda mainstreams gender, child protection, social behaviour change and resilience strategies across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with national and international civil society organizations, local government, the private sector and communities to give effect to our mission.
GOAL Uganda has a skilled team of approximately 100 personnel and manages an annual operating budget of approximately €8.7 million (2018). GOAL is currently operational in the North, South, East and West of Uganda with six established offices in Kampala, Lira, Bugiri, Abim, Kaabong and Agago Districts. GOAL Uganda country programme is funded by a number of donors who include Mastercard, charity: water, Irish Aid and some small foundations.
Remuneration Package and Benefits:
Our package includes a competitive salary, health insurance cover for up to 3 dependents, comprehensive 24 hour personal accident cover, terminal benefits equivalent to one month for each completed year of service and our working hours provide for a half day on Fridays. GOAL promotes a learning and development environment with training & study opportunities aligned to our staff development policy.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 4 reference contacts (3 from the last three employers, and 1 character reference), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda: [email protected] indicating the title for the position applied for in the subject line by 21st November 2019. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.
Deadline: 21st November 2019