Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Gulu, Uganda – ICYD Activity at Education Development Center
- Company: Education Development Center
- Location: Uganda
- State: Gulu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will carry out monitoring and evaluation activities including data collection and reporting on project outcomes. The M&E Officer will oversee Zonal data collection, consolidate and analyze monitoring data and draft reports, conduct specific research activities, and conduct regular Data Quality Assessment (DQA). This position reports to the Senior Zone Manager in Gulu and will work in close collaboration with the M&E Specialists in Kampala. This is a full-time position based in Gulu, Uganda.
Essential functions include (but not limited to):
• Assist with establishing monitoring and evaluation system using relevant M&E Toolkit.
• Contribute to the implementation of the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan.
• Coordinate and assist monitoring and evaluation data collection activities, including logistics of form distribution and collection.
• Coordinate and assist data processing, including data transfer, entry, verification, and cleaning.
• File forms according to compliance protocols.
• Coordinate internal communication on M&E progress and results.
• Coordinate temporary M&E staff or consultants (e.g. data entry personnel).
• Assist with M&E database management.
• Provide other support to M&E team, as needed.
• Work with government and non-government partners to implement M&E activities
• Actively participate in Collaborative, Learning and Adapting (CLA) processes in place within the project; and
• Other duties, as assigned.
The candidate for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in the social sciences, statistics, quantitative economics, or related field.
• Postgraduate M&E qualification is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years’ experience with M&E systems, data collection, and reporting.
• Experience with monitoring program implementation in development projects where research and data analysis skills have been applied, preferably in one or all of these sectors: basic education, youth development, and/or OVC esp. PEPFAR/USAID programs.
• Experience in electronic data collection, data cleaning and verification, as well as data processing.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel for data analysis, including use of formulas, functions and calculations to analyze data required. Knowledge of Excel + Power Query to clean, merge, pivot/un-pivot and transform data preferred.
• Ability to use both quantitative (e.g., SPSS, Stata, etc.) and qualitative (e.g., QDA Miner, NVivo) software for data analysis a plus.
• Ability to generate queries for SQL databases a plus.
• Ability to balance work in a team environment while working with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational, communication, computer, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
• Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Luo languages is recommended
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th July. 2022