Office Assistant – Gulu, Uganda – ICYD Activity at Education Development Center
- Company: Education Development Center
- Location: Uganda
- State: Gulu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
The Office Assistant will be responsible for keeping the office environment clean, healthy, and safe. This position reports to the Operations Assistant. This is a full-time position based in Gulu, Uganda.
Essential functions include (but are not limited to):
• Provide daily cleaning of the office including desks, chairs, windows, walls, floors, office equipment and kitchens.
• Identify daily repairs and maintenance needed for any part of the office and its furnishings and report to the Operations Assistant for corrective action.
• Track and ensure availability of kitchen and cleaning supplies, such as soap, detergent, water, tea, coffee, sugar, silverware, cups, dishware, towels, etc.
• Provide tea and coffee for visitors, as requested.
• Assist in the loading, unloading and movement of furniture, equipment, cargo, and office supplies.
• Ensure garbage is emptied and garbage bins are kept clean.
• Act as backup in welcoming and directing visitors, answering telephone, screening and directing calls, taking and relaying messages.
• Photocopy, scan, and fax documents, as requested.
• Actively participates in Collaborative, Learning and Adapting (CLA) processes in place within the project; and
• Perform other official tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
The candidate for the position of Office Assistant shall have the following minimum qualifications:
• Minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a position comparable to Office Assistant; experience working on a USAID financed project is a plus.
• High level of integrity.
• Working knowledge of standard office equipment e.g., fax, scanner, and photocopier.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with all levels of staff.
• Ability to proficiently read, speak and write English.
• Willingness to help with basic office tasks, as needed.
• Careful with the handling of products and mixtures used for cleaning (chlorine, bleach, detergents, etc.).
• Reliable and punctual worker who can perform routine tasks without supervision.
• Flexibility in working hours and demonstrates ability to remain calm and work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th July. 2022