Principal Human Resource Officer at East African Community
- Company: East African Community
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Jobs in Uganda
NB: Open to Ugandan Nationals
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania. The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social, and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade, and investments. This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Uganda) to apply for the following position .
Job Summary: The Principal Human Resource Officer will initiate, formulate and manage Human Resource Management and Development policies and strategies that will enable the Community to attract, develop and retain high quality human resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, formulate and manage human resource management and development Policies and Strategies for the Community;
- Design and maintain internal administrative and staff performance appraisal and monitoring systems;
- In liaison with the relevant officers, draw up Terms of Reference and Job Descriptions for Community jobs;
- Advise on the enforcement of Staff Rules and Regulations;
- Coordinate periodic staff performance appraisal/evaluation exercises;
- In liaison with the Planning Directorate, monitor Staff Performance Contracts;
- Coordinate the selection and recruitment of staff in accordance with the established rules, procedures and practices;
- Manage recruitment and placement standards, procedures, and practices;
- Handle matters relating to terms and conditions of service in conformity with the established Rules and Regulations;
- In liaison with the Finance Directorate, direct payroll management;
- Initiate budget proposals for the HR Department;
- Prepare progress reports and follow up on the implementation of Council decisions; and
- Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the Community.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The applicant for the East African Community (EAC) Principal Human Resource Officer job must hold a Masters Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration and Management, Business Administration, Law or a related field.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in HR management, development and administration with 5 years at senior level.
- Skills and Competencies: Analytical skills, administrative skills, organization skills, communication skills, decision-making skills, negotiation skills, team building skills, networking skills, result oriented skills, supervisory skills, management skills, leadership skills, research skills, good computer skills, meeting tight deadlines, ability to work under minimum supervision, innovativeness, problem-solving, performance management, working in a multi-cultural environment and managing diversity.
Eligibility for applications: Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
Equal Opportunity: The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 14 August, 2020