Program Coordinator (in charge of JP bound students) at Ashinaga Uganda
- Company: Ashinaga Uganda
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
a) Support on consultation, application, and study support for JP‐bound Anglophone students (30%)
1. Support students regarding their plans, subject to study in Japanese Univ., instruction for application documents, application procedure for Univ. etc.
b) Duties on management of study camp, preparation camp for Anglophone students
3. Curriculum development, scheduling, daily consultation together with other staff
c) Duties on Recruitment of Anglophone students（10%）
4. Document assessment for interview in January and March, and arrangement and conducting of interview in each county in April.
d) Duties on Networking (10%)
5. Making network in Uganda and Anglophone countries in Africa with AAI advisory members and respective organization which has potential to collaborate in terms of internship, professional opportunity, and lessons for students.
e) Duties on Internship program (recruitment, Job arrangement, advise etc.) (5%) Recruitment interview, instruction for their lesson plan and supervising of lessons.
f) Other related duties on Ashinaga Africa Initiative and KOKORO‐JUKU (5%) Students support from other countries, Networking, Administrative support etc.
May change depending on the country (region) of residence. In principle, direct employment contract with Ashinaga Uganda.
Day of Duty:
5 days /week, Holiday work, Overtime, Nighttime work, Internal /Overseas Biz trip
The program is based on Ugandan time, but time shifts can be adjusted to suit the country (or region) of residence.
Days off and other leaves:
2 days /week, National holidays of Uganda, Special leave from the mid of December to the beginning of January and 7 days paid leave every 4 months
• Monthly Salary: 1,500~2,500 US$ (before taxation, depending on experience)
• Housing Allowance (Provided only after moving to Uganda)
• Housing provided with 24 hours’ security guard or Housing allowance is provided based on the Ashinaga Uganda internal rule
• Commutation Allowance (provided only after arrival in Uganda) provided based on the rule
• Prior to arrival of Uganda (while working remotely), actual expenses will be reimbursed at a later date only when transportation expenses are incurred due to work.
• Payday, Manner of Payment
• The wage for the period up to the end of the month shall be paid every month on the
• 28th day of the relevant month. If the Payday is a holiday, the wages shall be paid on the most recent preceding day. The Organization shall remit said wages by US dollars by bank transfer to the bank account in Employees
• Items of deduction from wage upon Payment (to be confirmed according to place of residence and contract)
• After posting to Uganda, Income Tax (approximately 30% of monthly salary), Local Service Tax (fixed amount based on salary), and Social Insurance premium (approximately 5% of monthly salary). Prior to assignment to Uganda (while working remotely), the amount will be determined based on the laws of the country of residence and contractual structure.
• Provided based on the rule
• Overtime allowance, Retirement allowance, Holiday work allowance
• Pay rise
• Considered when the contract is renewed
3 months from contract day
• Training support
• Returning home expenses when posted to Uganda
• Round trip ticket to be provided between country of residence or family base
• Experience with IELTS, SAT or ACT
• Degree in education, African Studies, International Development, or related degrees
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Attribute
• Fluent English
• Knowledge and work experience in the JP system of higher education (Experience in taking entrance examinations of Japanese Universities or studying at universities in Japan is preferred)
• Have a student focused approach and a willingness to adopt teaching materials and methods
• Be flexible and able to work in dynamic and new environments
• Easily work in a culturally diverse office environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with challenging situations and relationships with stakeholders
• Excellent communication, verbal and written, skills
• Have a willingness to do a clerical desk work
• Experience of working effectively and properly as part of a team
• Capable with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in tutoring or teaching (preferably with disadvantaged students)
• Portuguese, Japanese or French proficiency
• Work experience in education sector and/or in Sub Saharan Africa or a developing country
• Capable with photo shooting, SNS, making contents for promotion
Method of Application
*Both documents by either Office Word or PDF should be submitted to the following address by deadline.
Deadline: 30th July 2021 (Ugandan time)
Mr. Yu Tatsuoka, Director, Ashinaga Uganda
Schedule (Detail schedule would be announced individually):
30th July Submission deadline
End of July Announcement of Interview
Beginning of August Interview
Beginning of August Final Announcement of successful applicant