Project Administration Officer at Population Services International (PSI)
- Company: Population Services International (PSI)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing
organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead
healthy lives and plan the families they desire. We’re reimagining healthcare, developing
health market systems where more consumer voices, at all income levels, are shaping
the development of increased consumer choices – where technology-driven, affordable,
quality drugs, devices, diagnostics and information move closer to peoples’ communities
and homes. We believe consumer-powered healthcare is a cost-effective sustainable
path toward health for all without financial hardship.
Population Services International (PSI) and Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) are implementing a three year grant for an implementation science project (The MaNe project) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The project is implemented in the slum communities and informal settlements in the divisions of Rubaga and Makindye in Kampala city. The project initiates and tests innovative interventions/ approaches to address the demand and supply side barriers affecting illness recognition, care seeking, effective referral and provision of quality care equitably for better MNH outcomes in urban slum settings in Kampala city.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to take on the temporary role (with possibility of extension) Administration Officer for the MaNe Project. He/She will be responsible for preparing all logistics and funds for all planned project activities. He/she will be primarily responsible for the welfare of the MaNe project team at City hall, call center staff and ensuring smooth running of call center operations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead on organization of all partner meetings by preparing all the necessary agendas, contacting participants, prepare all requisitions for funds and logistics. Partners will range from health providers, ambulance owners and operators, ministry of health, KCCA staff and other implementing partners.
- He/she will be responsible for the daily management of the call center and ensure smooth running by call and dispatch agents.
- Ensure daily and periodic reporting about the functionality of the KCCA call center.
- He/she will compile reports on the 24-hour tracking on MNH referrals to and out public and private project facilities.
- He/she will support documentation of key lessons on the implementation research outcomes from the reflective learning meetings held both within the project team as well as with external partners.
- He/she will be a rapporteur for all project meetings and dialogues held and compile summary reports.
- Manage and maintain the MaNe office in line with KCCA and donor guidelines.
- Receive invoices and follows them through the prepayment process from the procurement office to various department for approvals and ensure all partners and vendors are paid in time.
- Management of MaNe project assets by ensuring all relevant information relating to each asset is entered into the database and is up to date.
- Tracking of assets movements by; assigning to staff allocated, partners, stakeholders and tracking change of ownership when an asset changes hands.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social humanities e.g. Social sciences, Social Works, Development studies, Communication.
- At least two years of experience in similar roles.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft office Suite and report writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with good communication skills.
- Analytical and result-oriented.
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels – government, donor and community.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to be innovative and moving with current social trends.
Method of Application
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager,
and an updated CV ONLY to
indicating the Job title in the subject of the email.
Closing Date : 6th July 2020