Radiographer x2 at Mount Elgon Hospital
- Company: Mount Elgon Hospital
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
Qualifications and Responsibilities
1. The Radiographer must hold a minimum of a good diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences or equivalent. At least two (2) years’ related work experience in a busy and established Radiology department. The applicants must have a current registration/ license to practice.
2. Prepare the treatment machines and rooms for each patient adequately.
Verify and check that all the Radiation safety measures are in place at all times to protect the patient, public, yourself and other staff members.
4. Document and report all the faults on the machines and notify the department supervisor immediately.
5. Create and dispatch patient images to relevant departments/physicians in a timely manner to meet high level treatment standards and efficient reports.
6. Monitor and record the patients’ condition throughout the procedure.
7. Make certain that adequate and correct information is given to the patients and family prior to conducting procedures
Prepare and submit reports as and when required e.g. machine breakdowns and service records.
9. Regularly inspect diagnostic equipment to ensure they are functional and operate efficiently