Regional Finance Officer at World Vision International
- Company: World Vision International
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
The Regional Finance Officer will support, design and monitor the implementation of Financial Systems of the Region and Regional Office to ensure compliance in accordance with World Vision Policies and Procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the Regional Office and Program accounting staff in financial management, Financial Accounting Systems [Sun systems, ProVision, Horizon] in line with WVU policies and procedures
Financial planning & budget management
- Provide guidance in the preparation of budgets, development of Project Proposals with a view of advising on key strategic financial implications as per FM and donor requirements.
- Review for completeness and accuracy of financial information uploaded to Horizon, ProVision, Sun System and Share Point
- Analyze and share Monthly/Quarterly Finance dashboards across the clusters to track and manage financial performance for meaningful decision making
- Review the financial and other Internal Controls in programs and advise and/or assist in setting up workable controls in line with the Financial Policies and procedures
- Provide technical guidance on Audit and Follow-up on Audit recommendations for the Programs
- Carry out competence assessment of program accounting staff based on reasonable benchmarks that can identify training needs and other issues of recommendation in line WV Human Resources manual and build capacity to enable them understand and interpret the Financial Manual and all its relevant accounting specifications
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Regional Finance Officer job must hold a university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
- Full professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ post qualification technical and business work experience
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Experience of working in the field (communities)
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- A high level of integrity is required
Method of Application
Closing Date : 10th July 2020