Senior Accountant x4 at Goodman International Ltd
- Company: Goodman International Ltd
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Goodman International Ltd is a leading Pharmaceutical Company based in Kampala – Uganda, dealing in Importation & Distribution of Human and Veterinary Medicines, Agent & Local Technical Representative (LTR) for several Manufacturers from Europe and Middle East.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensure Compliance with regulatory authorities like NDA, URA, and NSSF.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the CFO’s attention
- Review all inter-company transactions and generate invoices as necessary
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Coordinate semi-annual audits and assist CFO with conducting audits
- Conduct regular ledger maintenance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should be a holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/ Business Administration from a recognized Institution.
- Must have a professional qualification –CPA(U)
- 3-5 years working experience in busy work environment
- Experience with computerized ledger systems
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Familiarity with SAP Business one
Method of Application
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply through;
The Human Resource Manager
Goodman International Ltd,
Hala Plaza Plot no 24B Nakasero Road,
P.O. Box 21311, Kampala – Uganda
Email: [email protected] by sending us;
- Cover letter
- Scanned Copy of your recent Passport size photo
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th July 2020